Chapter 15

"Love may have the longest arms,

🌼🌼🌼

But it can still fall short of an embrace'

Please vote ( click the star in the bottom left corner) and leave comments as you read! It keeps me motivated to write for you guys! 🫶🏽

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

The pork in my mouth seems chewier than usual but I am 99% sure that's because I'm looking for a way to avoid this conversation. Jimin and I had agreed 30 minutes ago to enjoy our meal before we got to the nitty gritty. He cleared his own portion of the food 10 minutes ago and now he's patiently waiting for me to choke down this last bite, fingers drumming against the steel table.

It slides down my throat with all the resistance in the world and his eyes meet mine as I wash it down with a sip of water. The glass clinking against the table is so loud amidst our silence but it signals the beginning of the end. The end of this argument. He opens his mouth to speak. "Im in love with you."  I only blink in response, not sure I heard him correctly."You don't have to say anything. I just think admitting it out loud is step one of getting over you."

I open my mouth several times before I actually know what I want to say. Or need to say. "I'm really sorry. Jimin."

He shakes his head. "Dont do that. You havent done anything wrong. Why are you apologizing?" He reaches across the table and holds my hand.

"Cus I feel like shit. I made you feel like shit and then I pretended that what you did was so wrong as if its not my fault. I'm not proud of my behavior." I squeeze his hand.

"Well, neither am I. I think both of us can learn something from this." He interlaces our fingers and we both watch the way they fold together. Perfectly. "Did you know?" Our eyes meet. 

"Know what?'

"How I feel about you? Did you know all those times we..." He pauses and his gulp is audible."Kissed."

My gaze jumps between our intertwined hands and his own gaze, before I decide to pull my hand away from his. He looks at them as they disconnect and frowns, tucking his hand back into his lap. " I wanna say I had a feeling but if im being completely honest, your flirtatiousness made it hard for me to be sure. Id talk myself into it and then I'd talk myself out of it because you're you, and I'm me."

"What does that mean?" His eyebrows crease.

"Come on, Jimin, You're a celebrity. You're thee celebrity. Your manager literally had to rent this entire section just so we could eat here."

"What does that mean?" He emphasizes each word, his tone almost harsh, as he slides his chair a few inches closer.

"It means... we dont belong together. You belong with someone like... Ari. You belong with someone like Ari."  I nod, convinced. He squints, unconvinced.