Chapter 8

🌼🌼🌼

"But I still want you"

🌼🌼🌼

Please vote ( click the star in the bottom left corner) and leave comments as you read! It keeps me motivated to write for you guys! 🫶🏽

a/n: I haven't had time to proof read the very end of the chapter but this was taking me way too long and I wanted to get this out to you guys. I've been having some writers block recently but the best way to overcome that is to go straight through it. I'll be working on the next chapter ASAP and I might make the chapters a little shorter so that I can upload more frequently.  Anyways, thanks for the support and I hope you enjoy! 🫶🏽

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

"This is nice." I mumble to myself as Jiwoo and I put away the washed dishes.

"What is? Washing dishes?" Her voice is concerned and I laugh not realizing I said it loud enough to hear.

"No. I mean, sitting down with a family and having a meal. Even if it's not mines." I look at my reflection in the white bowl as I dry it and Jiwoo pats my shoulder.

"It must be hard living so far away from your family."
I nod in response and she smiles softly. "Don't worry. You'll be part of ours soon enough."

She turns the water off and I playfully glare at her as she skips out of the kitchen. "She means well." Mrs Jung places her hands on my shoulders and I turn and smile at her.

"I know. I just don't like the idea of her getting her hopes up." She understandingly nods and her eyes glance over to the utensils left on the counter.

"Do you mind putting those knives away sweetie?" She moves towards the Tupperware containers and starts to put them into the fridge.

I shake my head and begin sliding the knives into the knife block. A rushed set of footsteps descend down the stairs and continuing to slide the knives into their respective places, I peel my eyes away from them for a second to look at Hobi.

"Mom? Which tie looks better? Black or blue?" He holds up two ties and a dry gulp slides down my throat at the sight of him. He's shirtless, his chiseled abs shamelessly on display and that happy trail that leads to a wonderland I had the luxury of visiting a few times. His hair is still damp from his shower and beads of moisture decorate his temple and neck veins that make my heart beat somewhere it shouldn't.