Chapter 12

"Serendipity"

🌼🌼🌼

"(n.) finding something good without looking for it"

Please vote ( click the star in the bottom left corner) and leave comments as you read! It keeps me motivated to write for you guys! 🫶🏽

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

~ 5 years ago ~

"Jesus christ! Who are these people for this line to be this long?" You shuffle through the crowded Manhattan streets, your long heels clicking against the pavement as you rush to school, cursing since it seemed more crowded than usual. Although, it seems to be just this specific block.

You were trying a new route to school, one that obviously wasn't efficient and if you had known you'd have to pass an arena on a day a concert was happening, you wouldn't have come this way. It was too late now.

You look over your shoulder, the line long and reaching farther back than you could see, filled with people dressed in all different shades of purple and carrying big clear... balls? It was certainly something you had never seen before, but then again you weren't exactly the concert going type. You had been to one 1D concert when you were twelve and the post concert depression was something you vowed to never experience again.

People seem to crowd onto the line behind the black tape, freeing up space for you and other people just trying to get somewhere that isn't this concert to continue on their way. The crowd suddenly starts yelling, bursting your eardrums and you freeze in your spot, sensitive to sound, before a burly man in all black- security you guess- ushers you and several other people out of the way. "Get your hands off of me." You nudge him away and he just stands there like a big wall, hands neatly folded in front of him and legs parted as if he was meant to be an impenetrable barrier.

The rest of the commuters, like yourself, simply go around the barricade of large men but you, a little curious and very annoyed, stick around to see who exactly was causing all of this commotion.

A black van pulls up and you can see several people duck their heads out and be ushered inside through the crowd of screaming fans but you can't get a peek, the burly man in front of you blocking every inch of your view. The only thing you can pick up are flashes of colorful hair  which only make your curiosity peak.

He doesn't seem to budge and glancing at your watch, seeing that you had about thirty minutes to get to class, was persuading you to give up. You kiss your teeth and turn on your heels walking around the cars and plugging your headphones into your ears. The world is suddenly mute, the screams of the crowd silent, and all the commotion going on seems like a fever dream.