The Love Square {5}

“La-de-da, going to the bathroom,” I sang to myself as I walked towards the boys’ bathroom, a pass tucked into my back pocket.

                I had this period with Collie, but my need to relieve myself was overpowering my curiosity of Collie. Hey, sometimes I just had to put myself before others, especially when duty called.

                HAHA, GET IT? DUTY? BECAUSE I HAD TO- yea.

                I began to whistle, hooking my thumbs in my pockets. When I got back to class, I would have to try to start up a conversation with Collie.

                I yelped and jumped as a hand clamped down on my shoulder. I spun around, expecting to see some crazy killer.

                “Colin!” I cried in relief. “Oh thank god you’re not a crazy killer!”

                Colin glared at me, pulling his hand away from my shoulder. I smiled happily at him, having enjoyed the warmth of his hand on my shoulder.

                “Stay away from Collie,” he said flatly.

                “AW! You’re protective of your brother! That’s so cute!” I gushed.

                “I mean it faggot. It’s bad enough that you stalk me, but I don’t need you stalking Collie too,” he grumbled.

                “He and I are just…friends. Maybe,” I said, slightly curious. Were Collie and I technically friends? Or just two guys who sat next to each other?

                Colin’s hand shot out and he gripped my shirt tightly. “You’re not friends with Collie. Why can’t you get it through your head that none of us like you?” he shouted.

                “You don’t like me right now, but you will,” I said, smiling.

                “No. Jesus fucking Christ, I will NEVER like you!” he cried in annoyance, shoving me against the wall. “Stop stalking me! Stop stalking my brother!”

                “I’m not stalking anybody!” I protested. “Collie talks to me willingly!”

                “Guess I’ll have to have a chat with him about that,” Colin said, releasing me slowly.

                “Colin, you dropped something,” I said, reaching down to pick up whatever he had dropped on the ground.

                Colin shoved me and I fell over sideways. I hit the ground and watched as Colin swiped a folded piece of paper up and stuffed it haphazardly back in his butt pocket.

                “In the meantime, stay away from Collie,” he snapped, spinning and stalking away from me.

                “Colin! Wait!” I cried, scrambling to my feet as the folded paper fluttered out of his pocket again. “Colin! You dropped-”

                But he had disappeared around the corner and into one of the classrooms by this point. I picked up the paper and hesitated, wondering if I should follow him to bring it back. What if it was something really important?

                “I’m not snooping or being nosey. I’m just making sure it’s something that I can wait until tomorrow or afterschool to return,” I assured myself, unfolding the paper.