The Love Square {13}

“Do you think it’s from Colin?” I asked Zane as we sat at our lunch tale.

                Zane shrugged helplessly. “I don’t know Ant. Maybe. Hell, maybe it’s from Collie,” he said, glancing over at the table the Archer twins sat at.

                I glanced over as well. Colin was smiling and talking to Emma, shaking his hands at her in excitement. She was laughing and shaking her head at him.

                Collie was sitting across from them, absentmindedly playing with a water bottle. He had headphones in and was nodding his head along with the beat.

                I turned my attention back to Zane and frowned. “I could always just ask Collie if he knows who it’s from,” I said. I had tucked the letter safely into my backpack.

                “Well what about the hand writing on it? Why not try to look at Colin’s handwriting, and Collie’s handwriting. See if it matches either of them,” Zane offered. “If you can’t tell whose handwriting it is, then you ask Collie if he knows who it’s from.”

                “Good plan!” I cried eagerly. “Yes! That can totally work!”

                “What can totally work?”

                “HEART ATTACK!” I yelled, almost falling out of my chair as I jumped away from Collie. “Holy shit Collie! Quit sneaking up on me!” I slapped a hand over my chest.

                “Come help me with my English homework. I didn’t do it,” Collie said, motioning at me to get up.

                “The poem she gave us?” I asked in confusion.

                Collie nodded. “Yea. I don’t get poetry,” he said.

                I got up and shrugged. “I’ll be right back Zane,” I said before following Collie over to his table. We sat down together, and Colin ignored me as he continued to talk to Emma.

                “Hi Ant!” Emma said, smiling at me.

                “Hi Emma,” I said, returning the smile. She really was a nice girl. I wasn’t going to hate her or be jealous of her. It wasn’t her fault Colin had a crush on her.

                Collie pulled out his homework and I began to help him with it. Emma and Colin were still talking to each other.

                “What’s your favorite song Colin?” Emma was asking him.

                Colin pulled out his iPod and flicked through it for a minute. He grinned and tapped the screen, music started to play out of the iPod.

                “This,” he announced happily.

                “You came for every single second I had. The way I loved you from just under my breath was a constant reminder that what beat in my chest wasn’t mine anymore I’d guessed…”

                I froze as the song continued to play. I looked over at Colin as he mouthed along the words to the song.

                “You, uh, you like Go Radio?” I asked him.

                He glared at me, his gaze flickering between me and Collie. He ignored me and turned back to Emma.

                Emma rolled her eyes and playfully punched him. “Yes, Ant. Go Radio is one of Colin’s favorite bands,” she explained.