The Love Square {9}

***Collie’s POV***

                “You told me think about it, well I did. Now I don’t wanna feel a thing anymore. I’m tired of begging for the things that I want. I’m over sleeping like a dog on the floor. Imagine living like a king someday. A single night without a ghost in the walls,” I mumbled along with the music in the car.

                I was sitting in the backseat of the car, letting Colin and Emma claim the front. Colin was driving towards Emma’s house and the two of them were talking happily.

                I sighed and stared out of the window, my chin resting on the palm of my hand, my elbow propped up against the door. My thoughts were back on Ant.

                Why couldn’t he see that Colin would never want him? Why couldn’t he just get over Colin?

                I knew my brother. I knew he would never cause any serious physical harm to Ant. But emotional damage? He could make poor Ant an emotional wreck, and he probably didn’t even realize it.

                Colin pulled into Emma’s driveway and put the car in park. He smiled over at her as she gathered her stuff and opened the door.

                “Thanks for the ride home Colin! Bye! Bye Collie!” she said, waving at us.

                I got out of the car and moved around to the front. She watched me, that friendly smile on her face. But a look that said she wanted me to be more than a friend was in her eyes, and I just prayed that Colin didn’t notice it.

                Colin waved to her and pulled out of the driveway as I put my seatbelt on. The car took off down the street, and I turned the music up a little.

                Colin reached over and turned the music down, glancing at me briefly before returning his gaze to the road. He let out a sigh.

                “Collie, are you alright? You’ve been acting kind of weird lately,” he said.

                “I’m fine Colin,” I grumbled.

                Colin pulled into the driveway and we got out of the car together. I began to head towards the front door, and Colin caught up to me, grabbing my arm.

                “Collie, I’m serious. You’ve seemed off the past couple of days. If something is wrong, you can tell me,” he said seriously.

                “Except for the fact that nothing is wrong, and I’m not some little bitch who talks out his problems,” I said, yanking my arm out of Colin’s grip and letting myself into the house.

                Colin followed after me, rolling his eyes. “Sometimes it just feels good to get things off of your chest. That’s all.”

                “Well, I do need to talk to you, actually,” I said, deciding I might as well get it over with now.

                “What?” he asked curiously.

                I opened my mouth to explain it to him. I wasn’t asking him to keep Ant’s sexuality a secret, I was telling him to. He wasn’t going to fuck this up for me. I wasn’t going to let my family treat him like shit just because he was gay.

                “Boys?”

                My mom’s voice made me stop. I mentally cursed and shook my head at Colin. I couldn’t risk us being overheard by them.