The Love Square {21}

“So, how was your first date?” Zane asked me as I went over to him in school the next day.

                I smiled happily. “It was great, Zane! We got dinner and ice cream and just talked. It was nothing spectacular, but it was nice. I loved it. It was perfect.”

                “I’m happy for you Ant!” he said, smiling and slinging an arm around my shoulders.

                I looked over and smiled even wider as I spotted Colin and Collie walking towards their lockers together. Emma was with them, and she and Collie were talking to each other.

                “There’s my man,” I said, nodding at him.

                Zane rolled his eyes, pulling his arm away from me as I reached my locker. “Well, you have fun with that Ant. I’ll meet up with you in a minute.” He turned and continued on down the hallway to his locker.

                “Hey Ant.”

                I jumped and spun to face Collie. “Collie, we talked about this! God, you’re like Cas from Supernatural. Randomly showing up behind me all the time and scaring the shit out of me by going ‘Hey Ant’.” I shook my head at him.

                “Now you’re starting to sound like my brother. Colin is obsessed with Supernatural,” he said, leaning against the locker next to mine as I put in my combination. “But he told me about your date. Said it was fun and he really enjoyed it. He liked how simple it was.”

                “Aw! He liked it!” I squealed happily.

                “You are such a girl,” Collie said with a sigh.

                “How are your parents, Collie?” I asked, frowning.

                “Homophobic as always. They’re still convinced that I’m just confused. And they’re trying to keep me away from Colin until I’m confused anymore.” He shook his head and laughed. “The whole thing is actually pretty comical. They’re afraid I’m going to taint Colin, when in reality, he’s the one off on dates with a boy. I think the most homosexual thing I’ve done, besides kiss you, is eye-rape a picture of Evan Peters that showed up on my Tumblr.”

                “Do you think they’ll be hard on Colin when he comes out?” I asked.

                “I think they’ll just die of a heart attack if their twins both come out as gay,” Collie said with a shrug.

                “Well, I really hope things get better,” I said sincerely, hugging Collie.

                He hugged me back and nodded, releasing me. “Yea, I guess I hope so too. More for Colin, though. I can handle they’re homophobia. I don’t think Colin is strong enough to handle it.”

                The bell rang and I sighed, shutting my locker. “I guess I’ll see you later Collie,” I said as Zane came over to us.

                Collie nodded and gave me a small wave before heading back over to Colin, Emma, and Colin’s group of friends. Zane and I took off towards first period together.

                When lunch time came around, Zane and I sat at our usual table together and started eating. I glanced over at Colin’s table and frowned, noticing that several of his friends weren’t sitting there. The guys who had been at his bonfire, Vance and Jake, and another guy named Drew were all missing from the table.