DocuVanté

Distractions AU + Behind the Music energy

Miss them a little bit. I really, really want a doc.
Very experimental btw. Please enjoy.

But it was to the group's surprise that music was not the only thing he would show he can be dedicated to...

Dalvin rests in the chair before the camera, a soft smile appearing as he reminisced. "The first time he saw her, his jaw dropped," laughed Dalvin. "We were kids. This was before Jodeci, before he ran away, before any of that. I think he had to be 12, 13... I was like... I don't even know because we were so young." Chuckling, Dalvin thinks back to events of his childhood that took place decades ago, far before he lost track. "It was funny because up until that point he was all about LaToya and Janet Jackson. We would be fighting over who got what Jackson but when she came out, he kinda' just stopped. He was like, 'You can have both of 'em.'"

Two photos of the youngest Jackson sisters are wiped out as the famous grin of an unforgettable woman takes place as the center focus. 21-years-old with a pixie cut and a smile wider than the ocean, she grins beneath her limo tinted sunglasses as she sits on the edge of a stage.

The producer standing out of the camera's view asks, "Do you remember the first time you guys met her?"

"Well, my brother actually met her twice." Dalvin nods at his telling of the truth.

DeVanté was sixteen-years-old when he met pop sensation and idol, Lyric, but the brief meeting seemed to have slipped her mind...

DeVante sits before the camera in his black beanie, his group's logo plastered on the folded front-facing edge. A cigar burns in his hands directly underneath the cut of the shot. "To make a long story short, I had went up to where they were building Paisley Park, you know because of Prince and everything, and she was there. So I asked her, like, can you give him my demo?" His cigar-free hand lifts to adjust his deeply tinted sunglasses. "I wasn't starstruck or nothing because I really wanted to make it. In my head, it was business so I had to conduct myself like it was business, you know?" DeVante finds himself laughing at his past.

"And what happened after that?"

"She took the tape and she said would give it to him because she was going to see him. After that, I ended up going home and I never heard from nobody," DeVante informs.

A separate direct interview begins with the clicking of high heel shoes against linoleum floors. "Right here?" A manicured hand, brown skin being highlighted by starlight blue nail polish points an acrylic fingernail at the chair. "Okay." As she comes into the frame of the camera, Lyric sighs with the motions of adjusting her chair.

Following a cut scene, she is shown as she answers questions asked by the producer before her. "Did you take him seriously when you took his tape?"

"Oh yeah," giggles Lyric, sliding her bangs out of her face. "I would've taken any kid who was camping outside a building still being built to give a demo tape seriously."