GroupVanté

Super Old Draft

Super Old Draft. (Circa 2018)

"Spellcheck ass name!"

I smack my lips at the roaring laughter throughout the nearly deserted classroom. I can hear my friends' stifled laughing from behind me. My neck turns and I shoot a deathly glare to Cedric for making the comment to begin with. The bell rings as Mr. Fields approaches the front of the classroom to take his position before us all.

"Xaina, please put away your phone."

Glancing up at Mr. Fields, I realize that the class has many more people than I originally recall. Sighing, I place my phone in my lap. It is only a matter of time until the lights are cut off and a movie is thrown up on the smart board. He has been our substitute for the last three days since my original health teacher went into early labor at only 33 weeks. Nobody in here genuinely respects him. He falls asleep after attendance every time. After that, we do what want... very quietly because Ms. Cassio from the class next door is a snitch to the Dean's Office.

bops🥵 and flops🥶

Slick Dric Da Ruler🧐
U niggas mad cuz yall names was
created by the illiterate?

so ya mama named me?

Anti-PPG🐵🖤
Hold up now.

Thunda Thighs
Y'all Look At D.
He Half Sleep & Class Just
Fucking Started. LMAOOO

sorry mojo jojo😔... i forget you're
related to that punk bitch.

Slick Dric Da Ruler🧐
Bitch?????

🍯
I ain't sleep.

Roxanne 2x🍒
you sure ? you look like you
been working double graveyard
shifts all week.

hollup. where is dal?💀

Anti-PPG🐵🖤
He half sleep like his brother

Slick Dric Da Ruler🧐
Bitch?????

I doubt that

🍯
How many times do I gotta
say that I ain't even sleep bruh

I look up from my phone. My eyes shoot to Don. He's slouched back in his seat, leaning up against a wall, as his hood practically cover his eyes. The swinging of his leg tells me that he is a lot more alert than we thought he was. He's wide awake, contrary to popular belief. My eyes trickle over to Dalvin after making sure his brother is awake. He's leaning on Aniya Coleman's desk. I can tell they're flirting by the look on her face. Leave it to Dalvin to be caked up in class. I watch him closely as his phone lights up and when he groans at the sight before locking his screen, I know the boy can see all of our messages.