#Vanté

It's super long

It's super long... (like a Distractions chapter. LMFAO) so sorry for the wait. I edited... most of it. Hope y'all like it. It's something new for me.

I love him.

I love the way his eyebrows have their own natural arch. I love the way his grinning lips part when he is interacting with the motive of his laughter before he realizes that he will soon be laughing. I love how sweet he is. I love how much he loves love and understands the importance of what true love can create when handled properly, even if it is an accident. I love the way he can make an accident look like it was meant to be. I love the way he recognized our DNA was meant to cross long before I understood the importance. I love it all.

DeVante's eyes opened at approximately 5:36 AM. Never being a morning person to begin with, he sat in the bed for a minute or two. I'm no mind reader, I can't tell you what he was thinking for the those two minutes. I know one thing for sure. The look on his face said more than a million Shakespeare scripts could ever. I think it was at this moment he realized something would happen today. Again, I can do many things, though reading minds is one thing I know I cannot do for sure. So, I sat there only watching him... waiting for him to say something. He turned over in the bed and reached out for my pillow. When he placed his hand on it, I knew that he was not going to say anything.

Quickly, his two minute rest turned into fifteen.

Those were the times that he would thank the heavens that he never turned off the extra set of alarms I once set in his phone. Honestly, I don't think he could've ever mustered up the heart to do it. He still needed everything I set up for him. Thirty minutes later, he got up and was still moving on schedule thanks to my past mind thinking in the future. He walked right past me and into the bathroom. I could hear the water running as the joints of his fingers cracked. He had the bad habit of doing so and I always will frown upon it. His hands were disjointed at the expense of a birth defect. Their absurd shape frightened my younger siblings and though they grew used to it over time, the cracking of his knuckles always made it worse.

I crossed my legs, debating whether or not I want to follow him into the bathroom or sit here. Curiosity took a hold of me. I got up and wandered into the bathroom. I sat on top of the toilet seat, watching him brush his teeth with my lips curled inward as I fought off my smile. I stood up when I knew he would spit. Together, we walked down the hall to the second door on the end. Together, practically hand in hand, we found ourselves in a bedroom. The theme was decided to be Rugrats based before the occupant was born. The poor girl had no idea what she was getting into.

"Makayla," he spoke in a soothing, hushed tone. His hand went out to lift the death grip she had on her favorite Darkwing Duck stuffed animal. "Makayla... Get up, baby." I smiled to myself and sat down on the edge of her bad with my back to the wall. She stirred and she stirred, but she refused to budge. She's too much like her father and he knew it, that was why he was so understanding. That, and the fact that she is his baby girl... his only baby girl. "You gotta' get up if you want to go to school. Come on." He smoothly lifted her from the bed and sat her on his shoulder. As he exited the bedroom, he swooped up the her outfit that he set out the nigh before.