FlirtVanté

She didn't want to go

She didn't want to go. She knew what would happen. It's the same process over, and over, and over, and over. The women that she refers to as her friends, they prefer to frequently go out and spend nights on the town in the busy Houston streets. The four attractive women adopted the young lady into their friend group at the tender age of six. Growing up together, spending the majority of their lives with one another, they know the ends and outs of one another— With the exception of one minor detail.

Ariana's never liked going out as much as her friends. It all started their sophomore year of high school. Four began puberty with the exclusion of one. For a long time, Ariana thought she was in a simple situation. Late bloomer would be how she referred to herself. That's it, she thought. There is nothing wrong with advancing at your own pace. The rate at which others blossom has absolutely nothing to do with her, that's what she chanted to herself for years. Her friends matured more and more everyday while she struggled to get into a B Cup fitting bra. Her lack of curves was never the true issue that kept her awkwardly looking over her shoulders, however.

The proportions of her nose and lips were off to most. The way her eyes turned up did not compliment her eyebrow shape. She had a weak cheekbone structure, prominent chin, and strong jawline. Two years after her twentieth birthday, her backside and thighs doubled in size to make up for her mostly flat chest but there was nothing she could do about her genetic misfortunes given to her in the facial department. The way her heart would plummet when she saw the disappointment on many of men's faces when she finally turned around to face them left scars on her confidence.

She had to face the music eventually. Ariana wasn't conventionally attractive to most and that's what made her hate going out with her four gorgeous friends. While the women loved and saw her internal beauty through the strength of their friendship and attachment to her, Ariana recognizes that men lack such sentimental value. The men she always found herself interested in always lacked that sentimental value.

"Can I see some passes?"

The gigantic forcefield made of muscles standing before them was a man on the payroll of the club they entered. A VIP section holding up the sacredness of its title roped a full section of celebrities partying after a local Keith Murray concert. Piled to its brim, the section grew tighter and as the males within the barrier invited women they were sure would perform any sexual favor they liked without batting a single false eyelash.

Shanté glanced over her shoulders at her friends. Leader of the pack, beautiful mahogany brown skin, and a tiny stature of five-feet flat, she took control of the situation. "I was told I didn't need any passes," she lied. Her lies flowed as fluent truths. A small, fast-talking woman with the cleavage to distort anyone's mind, Shanté was known to talk her way into every situation she chose and she always brought her girlfriends along for the ride.

"Passes or you gotta'bounce, little lady."

The bouncer stood firm but, with the grip on her pumps being sandpapered down, Shanté stood firmer. "I'm telling you, I was told I didn't need a pass. Me and my girls were invited here." Ariana watched the exchange with brewing anxiety as she wondered if her friend had finally met her match.