-Vanté

Gotta' show love to the underweight girls too

"Yo, De... who you staring at?"

Without a single thought, DeVante pointed in direction of the young lady standing across the room at the rack of clothing. He knew who she was. In fact, they were pretty close friends. She'd been shadowing Sybil for nearly a month or two now and within the time, she'd grown cool with all four members. Three of the four saw her as family. She was a pretty girl but not their type for obvious reasons that are soon to be explained. DeVante happened to be the minority on that voting board. There was always something about her that drew him in, you know, like those romance movies and joints that your single and lonely girlfriends reads or watches all the time.

A harsh snicker escaped K-Ci's nasal area. Tyrin, a friend of Dalvin's, looked DeVante up and down one single time. "Now don't tell me you out here tryna' bone what's her face."

"She gotta' name," DeVante snickered in response.

Tyrin looked back at her before turning back to DeVante. "What, you mean he gotta' name? Little Jimmy? My nigga, she built like a ten-year-old boy." The immediate area surrounding the rising, and already risen, stars all let out a solid chuckle following the rude jokes spat out by Tyrin.

DeVante didn't really like Tyrin. In all actuality, DeVante didn't like a large majority of his little brother's friends. Tyrin was simply tolerated because DeVante knew Dalvin would always bring him around. DeVante never liked the way he spoke on people when his only role was poorly played when he had the one chance to be a failed menace to society, it could have been successful if only he hadn't died. DeVante never understood how he could be outspoken about his "abilities" when that was his only paying gig booked, not to mention that Larenz Tate, as O-Dog, had easily outshined him. Needless to say, DeVante didn't fuck with Tyrin.

"Aye, aye, aye!" K-Ci hollered holding his hands out before Tyrin. He and Tyrin were a lot cooler due to the close bond formed between K-Ci and Dalvin. "If De want a lil' mo' bone while he do the grown... a little more salad and a little less steak and potatoes... that's him. Skinny girls need love too!" Though K-Ci's short speech was meant to uplift DeVante's plotted pursuit, all it'd done was make the room laugh again. "Y'all mofos laughing and I'm serious!"

DeVante placed the back of his palm on K-Ci's chest, he was seated directly beside him, and laughed off the failed speech. "It's cool, K. You know I'on give a fuck what these niggas sayin'." DeVante's eyes made their way back to the young lady, who still had no idea that half of the room's males were speaking on her. "She small but... Shit, I mean– she probably weigh about–"

"Fifty pounds," cackles Tyrin. "She a bag of dog treats!"

"Nah, ya' head not included," JoJo casually said as he stepped closer to DeVante.

JoJo mugged him. He mugged him real hard. He rode for DeVante and their mutual dislike put Tyrin way back on the bad end of the black burner. It was always made obvious that JoJo never liked Tyrin either. The same exact way Dalvin always shoved Mary's involvement in K-Ci's face, JoJo had always made sure to do the same to Dalvin in regards to Tyrin. Dalvin deserved it all in JoJo's moralistic eyes.