ModelVanté

Lawyer actually won but I saw Model winning when I finished this

Lawyer actually won but I saw Model winning when I finished this. My apologies! I'll try my best to make it up.

The air is cold on my sunburnt skin. The floors are hard on my sore soles. Tired eyes of mine remain hidden behind pitch black tinted sunglasses that dim all of the lights just enough to soothe the irritated corneas of mine that have dried out after a night of crying. As thankful as I may be, Yasmeen attempting to comfort me by comparing me to Cindy only tipped the pot over and once she fell asleep, I went in the bathroom and nearly died of dehydration.

Being in the fashion industry was all I ever dreamt of as a child but the severe highs and lows coming with the career choice only throws my mental stability into the deepest end of this industry's shallow pool. Had I known the egg would hatch into a dinosaur, I cannot promise that I would have put it in my basket.

"Here, put these eyedrops in." Winston reaches behind himself and returns his torso to me with a small, tiny, compact bottle. "It'll sting a little but they'll take the redness out of your eyes."

I squeeze two droplets in each eye without much to lose. Even with the most sought out agent, career, and an apartment overlooking Central Park, I still only have so much say in how I am to be pampered on set. At the end of the day, I am a walking barbie doll. I get paid to be primped and pampered to someone else's liking but what can I say? I asked for life and I got it.

Today, a campaign is being shot for Calvin Klein's Obsession fragrance and that makes my day a little easier than the others. The shoot is nude. While this is only my third nude shoot, and first with a partner, it sounds a lot more tolerable than wardrobe on a day like this. I've had a long past 24 hours. My week began to spiral down after being told Miuccia Prada and Patrizio Bertelli got into an argument on whether or not I should be walking in their next show because my breasts have gotten too big. Weighing in at 130 pounds, I have to admit that I'm teetering a extremely fine line as my long legs and structured waist save my life. The rumor of me being dropped from Prada spread like a wild, untamed fire at an instant and since that Sunday, nothing has gone well for me.

"Have you spoken to him," Winston inquires, referring to whatever make model I'll be posing with.

My head shakes from left to right, earning a cold glare from him for moving as my makeup is being applied. "No, I didn't ask when my agent told me. I don't care too much to know these days. You know how they get."

The subject of my sentence refers to male models and Winston humming in agreement confirms that he understands. In my world, you meet every kind of misogynistic asshole you can think of and they're known to pull everything in the book from being just plain rude, to boldly groping you like you're married, to the literal act of taking it from you. Pure violation. You get numb to it. Every now and then you may find a nice guy but he usually is queer. The gayer he is, the more requested he is by female models. The more we're requesting him, the harder it is to get him.