Chapter 1

[3rd person POV]

      Butters pressed himself against his locker, crying as Eric continued to kick him. He hadn't done anything to Cartman today, so he assumed he was being beaten just for the hell of it. As he tried to reach up to block some of the kicks, the other growled loudly, kicking his hands to his sides and crushing both wrists. Butters shrieked in pain, as he was now laying on the floor with the fatter's feet crushing the bones in his wrists.

      "P- PLEASE ERIC! I- I'M SORRY FOR WHATEVER I DID! PL- PLEASE! PLEASE STOP!" Butters cried, his fingers curling and going numb. The other smirked and started to punch his face with as much force as he could. Tears mixed with blood as the other continued to flail around. Punch after punch came, before Cartman presumably got tired and stopped. He leaned close to his face, placing his hands on his hips.

      "If you want me to stop, then beg for it." Cartman hissed, shooting a toothy grin at the other. He moved one of his hands from his hip and roughly grabbed Butter's chin.

      "I- I'm s- sorry... Please.. please let me go! Please Eric I beg of you, let me go! Let me go please!" With that, Eric slowly lifted his feet off the other's wrists and backed up a bit to observe the mess he made. He smiled to his own satisfaction and leaned back down to whisper something into Butter's ear.

      "You better watch yourself fairy, or it'll hurt way more next time." The taller shuddered, slowly backing away to re-push himself back against his locker. He shakily nodded and the other left. He could hear his cackling all the way from the end of the hallway.

      Butters quickly got up, ignoring the people who looked at him and ran out the doors of the school. He couldn't take being in that wretched place any longer, so he decided to run home. Hopefully, his dad wasn't home, because he'd get a beating for sure. He hoped it was just his mom, since she'd understand and help him clean up his wounds. Though sometimes he wondered if she was disappointed that he, a 17 year old, was still getting beat up at school. If she was then she didn't show it.

      While he ran down the sidewalk, he happened to run into someone. He fell backwards onto his ass, before looking up to see who it was. The person he bumped into was Kyle Broflovski, who looked down at him with worry.

      "Jesus Christ dude... Cartman again?" He asked, grabbing the blonde's hand and helping him up. Butters nodded, rubbing the tears and blood off of his face and onto his sleeves. Kyle's face turned from worry to anger pretty quickly. Everyone at school knew that the two were a part of a friend group, though they constantly ripped on each other and fought all the time. That somehow didn't stop them from hanging out though.

      "I swear to God... When I find him, I'll give him a kick in the dick for you okay?" He asked while cracking his knuckles. Butters quietly laughed, fiddling with his hands.

      "Hehe, nah it's okay... I'd only get my ass kicked more. Thanks for the offer though..." He replied, smiling weakly. He didn't want Cartman to beat him worse than he already did. The ginger sighed, crossing his arms and looking up at the slightly taller blonde. Butters happened to be taller than everyone but Stan, Craig, and Damien. Even then, the three weren't much more than an inch or two taller.

      "Butters, you gotta stick up for yourself more often.." Kyle said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

      "Aw shucks... I wish I could fella, but I'd rather keep my beatings on the less brutal side." Butters said, plastering a fake smile on his face as he tried not to cry again.

      "Anyways, why are you skipping school to Kyle?" He asked, changing the subject. Kyle's face turned a light pink and he quickly looked away.

      "I'm skipping so I can go see Stan.  Y'know, since he's sick and all?" He replied, his face still somewhat pink. That was true. Stan had been sick for the last couple of days, but Butters had a feeling that Kyle was visiting for reasons other than him being sick. However, he brushed it off. It would be rude to assume so quickly.

      "Well, I gotta go now Kyle! Maybe we can talk some other time or something?" Butters asked. The shorter smiled.

      "Sure Butters. And remember, none of what Cartman says about you is true alright? You aren't worthless and you aren't a loser." And with that as well as a pat on the back, they went their seperate ways.

      'Gee whiz, he's a nice fellow.' Butters thought to himself, walking back towards his house. Once he got there, to his shock and horror, he seen his dad pulling into the driveway.

      'No... no.. NO..! Nonononono no!' He thought, his throat tightening and his pupils dilating. Tears pricked at his eyes. He froze as he watched his dad get out of the car, anger seeming to radiate off of him. He wasn't having a good day, so Butter's was going to be even worse. Once they made eye contact, his father started screaming. Butters fell to his knees and curled into a ball, covering his ears on instinct.

      He felt himself being picked up and dragged across the rocky driveway. Once his father unlocked the door, he was thrown inside against the wall. Punches and kicks were thrown against the poor young adult as he cowered away from his dad. He cried harder when he heard him snap his belt.

      Whip after whip, Stephen beat his son, his son bawling his eyes out. Stephen didn't care though, since he was quite a shitty parent.

      Butters made the desicion to make a break for his room, and he did so. When he got there he quickly closed and locked his door. He shook violently as he heard his dad screaming and pounding on the door from the other side. He screamed something about being grounded and wishing that Butters was dead.

      Why... Why did all this horrible stuff happen to him..?

Word Count: 1054
Date Finished: 10/30/22