Chapter 14

[3rd person POV]

      Kenny sat by Butters who was now lying in a hospital bed. He had pulled his hood back over his head to cover his face, as it was red and and stained from crying. He trembled as he lightly held the taller's hand. The doctors had managed to stop the bleeding and sew up the wounds, Butters luckily not losing enough blood to die.

      Kenny looked back at the other. He looked horrible, covered nearly head to toe in bruises. Cartman and his father had done some major damage, and Kenny hated that. He hated how they could hurt such a kind and caring person without any sort of remorse. He hoped they got what they deserved.

      While Kenny sat, desperately waiting for Butters to wake up, he looked up at the small TV in the corner of the hospital room.

      'BREAKING NEWS! ERIC CARTMAN HAS BEEN CAPTURED AFTER ATTEMPTING TO MURDER ANOTHER TEENAGER IN AN ALLEYWAY! HE HAS ALSO CONFESSED TO KILLING YOUNG KAREN MCCORMICK AFTER A FIGHT AT HIS SCHOOL!' Were the words that blared from it. Kenny gasped, unknowingly squeezing the other's hand in response. It was really happening! Cartman was really getting what he deserved!

      Kenny smiled, crying softly once more. After all these years, Cartman had finally been caught guilty for the horrible shit he'd done. He wouldn't be able to hurt Butters anymore! He felt his hand lightly squeezed back, and immediately turned to look at Butters.

      "K- Kenny..?" He whispered, his voice scratchy and frail.

      "BUTTERS! YOU'RE AWAKE!" Kenny exclaimed, hugging the other. The taller let out a squeak before letting out a pained groan, Kenny quickly moving off of him.

      "Oh Fuck... I'm so sorry for doing that! I was just so happy you woke up that I forgot how much pain you're in..." He rambled, the other softly laughing.

      "It's okay Ken... It doesn't hurt as much as the bullying and abuse I've recieved over the year, and the years to come..." He croaked, sighing after.

      "Oh Butters..." Kenny said softly. "Cartman's been caught and he's probably going to prison!" He said happily, watching as Butters face lit up in response. Kenny was incredibly happy to see Butters smile.

      "Really? Oh thank god!" He said breaking down into tears. He reached out to Kenny, opening and closing his palms. Kenny lightly hugged him and they sat together, crying.

      "You're going to be okay now Butters... Eric's finally gone. Hopefully they'll arrest your dad too... No matter what happens, I'll make sure you always stay safe and that nothing bad happens to you ever again..!" Kenny whispered, placing a kiss on his forehead.

Word Count: 444
Date Finished: 11/23/22