Chapter 3

[Kenny's POV]

     I kicked Chaos off of me, only staying long enough to see him stumble backwards before running off into the nearest alleyway. Tears were falling down my face as I silently cussed at myself for showing such weakness. That bastard caught me crying to myself. Pathetic.

      Truth is, Karen had been hospitalized about a week ago after being almost beaten to death by dad, leaving her, Kevin, and I in mom's custody. I don't know how he managed to get away with only a warning though. I guess that's just one of the downsides of living in South Park. Along with that, we hardly had enough money to pay for Karen's hospital bills, meaning that we didn't have money for anything else. No money for food, water, clothes, electricity; nothing.

      The worst part was when I seen my dad out in the streets. He was drinking large amounts of alcohol and was probably stoned as well. When he saw me, he began to chase me down the street and left me with one of the most painful slaps I had ever recieved. He screamed shit about hating all of us, and telling us to get the fuck out of his home after he had been kicked out by mom.

      That was pretty traumatizing to say the least.

      Along with that, I haven't eaten almost anything for the last week. Between the no food we have at home and the shitty as fuck school lunches, I'd rather starve to death over and over. My stomach hurts like a bitch nonstop though. I miss when Chef made us lunches back in 4th grade; those were the best. It's unfortunate what happened to him...

      I sat in the alleyway, continuing to cry my eyes out. I didn't want to go back home. I know mom's trying her best now with the current events that had happened, but I couldn't take it. Everything's horrible and I want it all to end. Ending my life wouldn't do anything since I'd be reborn to my current age, and it would make Karen sad. I couldn't bear to see her in anymore pain.

      I need to suck it up. I'm going to be 17 soon for fucks sake! I can't go around crying about stuff that already happened. It's done and over with. I need to move on!

      I stumbled out of the alleyway, wiping away the wetness in my eyes. I was going to suck it up and head back home. I'm going to act like a grownup and suck all the shit that's been going on up. I continued to stumble throughout the streets, headed towards my destination.

      I failed to notice the truck headed down the road though.

------

SCRRRRRRRTCHH!

THUMP!

------

      Fuck... that hurt.

Word Count: 461
Date Finished: 11/4/22