Chapter 10

[Butter's POV]

      I stood beside Kenny, my face heating up. The grip on my textbooks tightened. He liked me? The person I like actually likes me back..?

      Stan looked at me, then back at Kenny. Kenny still didn't seem to notice I was standing right there. I decided that it was time for me to say something.

      "Y- you mean it Ken? You... you really like me?" I asked, feeling as if I would explode right then and there. Kenny screeched, jumping higher than I'd ever seen someone jump before. His face went fully red and he buried his face in his hands. I smiled and softly pulled his hands away from his face, as he did to me last week.

      I then closed my eyes and softly kissed him, causing him to tense up. He wasn't tense for long however, since he kissed back only a few seconds later. Our lips moved in sync and I lightly pushed him against the wall, my textbooks falling to the floor. He tangled his fingers in my hair and wrapped his legs around my waist. After a few minutes we pulled apart, panting and blushing.

      "Told you it would work Stan!" We both heard Kyle say, our heads snapping over in their direction. It seems we had forgotten that they were there, along with some other people in the hall.

      I backed off of Kenny, brushing off my shirt as my face only grew hotter and hotter. 'Oh hamburgers... I can't believe I did that in public!' I thought to myself, shaking slightly. I didn't like all the other people watching.

     "Uh, I- I gotta go!" I squeaked, booking it out of there. I heard Stan and Kyle yelling what I believed were apologies, and Kenny yelling for me to wait, but I continued to run.

      Is it weird that I liked that kiss?

      Is it weird that I wish it never had ended?

      I loved every second of that kiss. I loved everything about it. All except those other people watching. I had just gotten to the point where I was hardly bullied at all at school anymore... What if it all started up again? I really, really didn't want that.

      When I thought I was far enough away from school, I slowed to a walk. Sighing, I looked up to watch fresh new snow falling from the sky. It was... kind of pretty. I stuck my tongue out and caught some of it, the snow melting as it made contact.

      "BUTTERSSS! WAIITTT!!" I heard someone scream. Ah, it was Kenny! I let out a hum as I turned around, only to be thrown to the ground as he tripped and fell on top of me.

      He pushed himself up and we stared at each other, blushing once more.

      "Ah- ehm... Sorry Butters-" He mumbled, crawling off of me. I sat up, giving him an awkward thumbs-up. As I stood up, he handed me my textbooks. Oh! I forgot I dropped and left them behind!

      "Th- Thanks Ken! I would've been grounded if I didn't have those with me when I got home!" I exclaimed, lightly grabbing my textbooks from out of his grasp. We both stood there in silence awkwardly.

      "So about that kiss-" I said, breaking the silence. We both awkwardly laughed, averting eye contact.

      "Well, I- I didn't mind it..." He said, a dorky smile now forming on his face. It was so. Fucking. Cute.

      "You... didn't mind it? Even in front of everyone else?" I asked, hugging my books for some sort of attempt at comfort.

      "Well, no. I don't mind kissing and stuff in public. I mean, I am Kenny McCormick, the school whore." He replied. I felt bad that he straight up called himself a whore, but it also made me wonder if he actually liked me. Y'know, as more than a one night stand.

      "Do... Do you really like me Ken? Or- or are you... You know... Just trying to get into my pants..?" I asked, trying not to let my voice falter. His eyes widened and he looked ashamed of himself. He cleared his throat before answering.

      "Oh Butters... No. I'm not just trying to get into your pants. I know I've done this to others, but you're different. You're one of the only people I've actually felt attracted to! One of those few people I actually want to be with and date. For more than just sex too! You, Leopold Butters Stotch, are beautiful, kind, funny, and so much more! Butters, I really mean it when I say I love you." He said, walking over and hugging me the best he could with my textbooks still in my arms.

      Tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I have never heard someone say something to heartfelt to me... And the person, I like back.. This was a dream come true! I nuzzled my face in his messy blonde hair, hearing him let out a content sigh. I wanted this to last forever...

      But unfortunately, it couldn't. Even the happiest moments in my life had to be ruined.

      "Butters! Butters is that you mister? Are you skipping school!? You'll be grounded if you ar- BUTTERS!?? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!? HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU YOU WEREN'T GOING TO GROW UP TO BE A FAG!?"

      Oh god.. That's my dad... No.. NO NO NO! This was supposed to be a happy moment! NO! Why was he always here at the worst times!?

      I trembled, staring at Kenny. He stared back. The tears from earlier started to spill as my dad got closer and closer. Kenny tried to comfort me, telling me I'd be alright, but we both knew I wouldn't.

      "Ken, if this is the last time I ever see you, I want you to know I love you to the moon and back..." I whispered, crying in pain as I was suddenly yanked back by my father. My books scattered and I began to flail. If he took me away, I might actually die!

      "Kenny! Kenny I don't want him to take me away! I don't wanna lose you! Please get help! Please!" I cried, watching him chase after me.

      "Butters! No! I love yo-" Was the last thing I heard before the door to my house slammed shut.

Word Count: 1060
Date Finished: 11/8/22