Chapter 5

[Butter's POV]

I sat there, crying in front of Kenny. He was startled and began to ask if I was alright. I smiled and nodded, wiping tears from my eyes.

Without thinking, I quickly hugged him while burying my face into his hair. I felt his face heat up against my shoulder and immediately realized what I did. I quickly pulled away from the hug, my face heating up as well.

"Oh hamburgers! I- I'm sorry Kenny! I didn't mean to do that! G- gee whiz I'm such a fool..." I squeaked, stumbling over my words. I buried my face in my hands, shaking my head from left to right. That is until I felt his gloved hands lightly pull mine away from my face.

"Butters, you don't have to be sorry. I kinda needed that anyways..." He giggled.

Honestly, I found Kenny to be quite adorable. The way he acts and cares for others when he isn't being pervy is just the cutest thing. I like him, b- but I don't like-like him! Not like that. At least I don't think? Oh gosh... I'd be grounded if I did! B- but I don't. Yeah, I don't-

"Butters? Butters... BUTTERS!"

I guess I spaced out, because Kenny had started yelling at me.

"Huh? Wha- oh. Sorry Ken, I guess I was just lost in thought..." I said, smiling. 'Wait, did I just call him Ken-' He smiled in return before asking:

"You need me to frame your dad for anything then?"

Forgetting the fact I called him Ken, I laughed softly and answered 'no'. The situation with my dad was basically the same as my situation with Cartman. Interfering or trying to get them to stop would only get me beaten worse.

Kenny sighed, a look of defeat crossing his face. I felt a bit guilty so I pat his head.

"Don't feel bad fella! I know you want to help, but I don't deserve to be helped. The beatings I get, yeah, I don't like them. I do want them to stop. But I deserve them."

Before he could reply, the bus pulled to a stop at the doors of school. He hesitated, but moved aside so I could get out.

"Thanks, Kenny!" I said, scooting out of the seat and walking down the aisle. Right before I reached the stairs off the bus, he grabbed my sleeve.

"If you need help standing up for yourself during school, please tell me Butters.. I won't hesitate to kick those bullies' asses..." I stayed silent for a few seconds, looking into his beautiful blue eyes. I never knew that they were that pretty...

"Okay Kenny... I will.." I finally replied.

Word Count: 450
Date Finished: 11/6/22