Ch - 44. A new day, a new beginning

DEAR SUBSTITUTE
[Yizhan -Wattpad]
•••••••••

He Sean still couldn't assimilate the news he had received, a few hours had passed since he found out that his belly had blossomed resulting in a beautiful fruit, he thought he was living a kind of dream, that it was something almost impossible. What good had he done to deserve that?

He was sitting in his hospital room while waiting to be discharged, he looked out the window at the landscape, he saw the big and shiny buildings, the cars passing by and the people strolling, he felt the warmth of the sun gently touch his skin and the breeze move his hair, without a doubt that was not a dream, it was real.

- Sean...honey.- Darren sat down next to him. - What are you thinking about?

- I still don't believe it.- Sean was still looking out.

- Well, start to believe it.- He smiled.- Because this is real.

- Talu...

- Yes?

- Do you think I can become a good father for this baby?.- He directed his gaze towards Darren.- Now that I think about it...I feel scared.

- What are you afraid of?.- He took his hand.

- I'm afraid of becoming someone like my parents, look what I did with Tian, I didn't take care of him, I was a bad father.- His eyes turned watery.- What if I do the same with this baby? What if I only bring him into this world to suffer my indifference?

- That's not going to happen...- He took his hand.- I know it won't be like that, I know that you, more than anyone else, will take care of him and give him all the love he needs. Why do I know?...- He caressed his cheek .- First because you're not like your parents... you don't have to be.- He laughed.- They're not even your parents so you don't have to look like them and second...- He kissed his hand.- Because I know you.

- Do you think I'm a good person?

- You are.- He smiled sweetly.- You always have been, Sean...I know you won't let someone you love suffer, you won't, you just proved it with your brother, the moment you found out about it. what happened you ran here to do him justice, without caring that in the end everyone found out what you had done, you only cared about making the person who hurt him pay... and you did... Doesn't that tell you the kind of person What are you? - He joined his foreheads. - You will be the best, the most grumpy and loving dad that this baby could have.

- Talu... I have something to tell you.- He put his hand inside his shirt and showed a chain, on it hung Darren's ring.- This ring was never lost.

- Do you think I didn't know? - He smiled. - Something told me that you had kept it... and I wasn't wrong.

- The reasons why I didn't accept your proposal...- He paused and looked down.

- Okay, if you don't want to say it...

- I want to do it...- He take his hand.- Talu...I didn't want to accept your proposal, first...because I was still hesitating to break the promise I had made to dad, he knew that I would tell him what I felt. He would support me and not oppose me even so...I didn't want to disappoint him because he had trusted me and secondly...- He sighed.- Because I had nothing to offer you.

- Why do you say that?

- Look at me.- He smiled softly.- I'm not a sentimental person, I'm not someone affectionate and much less romantic, I'm cold by nature, I don't know how to show affection... much less love...- He closed his eyes.- Above all ...I couldn't give you a happy future, I couldn't give you a baby.- He looked into his eyes.- I didn't have to offer you Talu and it wasn't fair.