Chapter 1: The News

It was another beautiful day in the countryside of Japan.
Flan, Lolly, and Ginger were roaming around the fields, with the fresh August breeze.

"Hey guys! Come here!" said Flan, Ginger and Lolly came running to Ishii-san. "What is it?" Lolly asked. "I found this giant mushroom! Isn't it great? and its fresh from the clean soil!" Flan added. Ginger got on her knees to observe the fungi "Its perfect for the delicious mushroom soup recipe you have Ishii-san. I can almost taste it." Lolly said "It would be great for tonight! Our parents have an announcement to make." Ginger said with excitement.
"Then lets get cookin'!" Flan said pulling the mushroom from the ground. "Its so tender." she added.
The girls ran to Flan's house; on the way there, the wind blew away Ginger's hat. She ran after it. "C'mon Mori-san!" Lolly hollered.
"Wait! My hat!" the hat fell on the pond under the big blossom tree of the garden.
"Great." Ginger said pulling her hat out of the water. When she turned it around, a tiny tadpole was on it, swimming on the small hat pool.
"Aww! Kawaii!" Ginger said. "Mori-san! If you don't get here, and help us out on the soup, forget about tasting it!" Lolly warned Ginger. "Coming Yui-san!" said Ginger. "She took her hat into the house and grabbed a jar and filled it with water, then she sat on the table and observed the tadpole. "There we go little fellow." she said. "Mori-san, what are you doing?" Flan asked "I found a tadpole on the pond!" she said running into the kitchen. "Aww." they both said. "I'm gonna name him Tabby!" Ginger said "Okay Ginger, give Tabby some lettuce or spinach from the fridge, then start cutting spices for the soup." Flan said cutting the Mushroom. "Okay!" Ginger said running to the fridge to get some lettuce. She got the lettuce and ran to the table "Yui-san, Ishii-san? How do i give it to him?" Ginger asked "Get a knife and slice it into bits, then sprinkle it on the jar." Lolly told Ginger handing her a small kitchen knife. "Thanks." Ginger said and she started slicing the lettuce.
"How's that mushroom soup coming, Flan?" Lolly asked "I don't know, you tell me." Flan gave a spoonful of the soup to Lolly "So?" Flan asked with excitement. "Its great. But it could use some more coriander powder." Lolly suggested "Okay." so she added some more coriander, and let Lolly taste "How about now girl, what about now girl, how about now?" She asked "Perfect, nothing more, nothing less." Lolly said and they hugged. "How are the spices coming, Ginger?" Flan asked "I'm on it, Ishii-san"
At the table
"This mushroom soup is delicious, Flan! Another work of art." Flan's mom said proudly giving her a kiss "Thank you, mother." she said. "So, whats the important news?" Lolly asked the adults "Okay girls. The government did a lottery in japan; your grades are outstanding! So, you don't need to finish middle school, for you are officially graduated, and may pass on your first year of high school!" Ginger's father announced. The three girls squealed and started hugging each other.
"But theres a problem." Lolly's mom said the girls sat down and fixed themselves to pay mature attention. "You'll be having to move to Tinatchi" the girls faces changed from an excitement, to a disappointment.
"But, what about you? We will barely have the chance to see you." Ginger said. "We know its a tough choice. But we can visit you four times a month. It's for your education. Think that once you graduate from one of the greatest institutes of Japan, you can visit us -your parents- as much as you want."
Lolly's mom said. " But Mori-shi. If the agree on going, who will be in charge of all the work around the house?" Flan quickly swallowed and stood up "I'll take care of Lolly and Ginger, Yui-shi!" she said firmly. The parents at the table were all surprised. "Ishii-san, are you sure you can handle this responsibility?" Lolly's dad asked "Of Course Yui-shi! Think about it. I'm gonna be 16, and i grew up helping my beloved mother around the house. Since I am the oldest of the three, I would be thrilled and honored to take care of Lolly and Ginger! They will handle their personal businesses, like doing their own laundry. But besides that, I can be like a mother figure to them while away from you. All I need is your approval!" Flan requested. "Well, all of us at this table have grown up to be sure enough that all your life has been taken maturity by yourself; so we will trust your care upon our daughters." Ginger father said.
"But only if Lolly and Ginger agree on it." Lolly's mom said. "Yes we would love for Flan to take care for us in your absence." Ginger said "Yes, and Flan is a trustworthy person, and I'm sure that she can treat us the same way all of you do." Lolly said. "Well, if you girls decide to. Then you can move." Flan's mom said. The girls hugged each other again and ran to hug their parents.
"Thank you so much! We promise not to let all of you down." they said. Then they all went home.

The next day

"Goodmorning mother, father." Flan greeted her parents. "Eat your breakfast quickly. A lady will be taking you girls out for the day to show you how things are going to change. She works for the government so I want you to be on your best behavior." Flan's mother said. And Flan did as told. "Goodbye mother, father." she said leaving the house. She was dressed in denim and a blossom blouse, and she walked to the pond to meet Ginger and Lolly there.
"Hi!" they squealed with a hug. "I am so excited!" Lolly said. "Me too." Ginger agreed. Just about when they turned around, a big black SUV pulled over on the front of the house. A lady rolled down the window and asked "Are you three Lolly Yui, Flan Ishii, and Ginger Mori?" the three of them nodded "Hop in." she commanded. They three got on the car. "So, I am Gakusei-shi. First of all, I'd like to congratulate ya'll, good academics will take you far in this country. And, I work for the government and I will be telling you about how this big opportunity is going to change things from now on. The city you will be moving to is very unknown to northern Japan, but it has a friendly atmosphere for the three of you. There are many plants as well, which means you must keep your environment clean. Oh here we are." the lady pointed to a tall tree house. "Isn't It beautiful? Don't worry it's a real house like any other, but the outside structure is just a decoration. Let's come inside." they all walked in. "So, the house has 3 bedrooms 1 office room, 2 bathrooms, 1 living room, and a game room. Charming isn't it?" they could almost picture themselves already living in it. "This is perfect,Gakusei-shi! Can you show us our school?" Ginger asked. "With pleasure, get in the car." they drove for about 7 1/2 minutes. " Here it is." Gakusei-shi said. "Wow." the girls admired. The school was huge! "These are your uniforms." Gakusei-shi said showing them a picture. "They look nice. But we're going to need a longer skirt for Ginger, she is only 13. We don't want her to look inappropriate for her age." Lolly said. "Yes. But it's only 2 inches longer." Gakusei-shi told them. "We'll take it." Flan and Lolly agreed. The uniforms were white collared shirts with blue skirts and small cape things, with red bow ties. "Where can we get them, Gakusei-shi?" Flan asked. "Oh dont worry, they were already picked up from the dry cleaners this morning!" she said. The three of them squealed in excitement.
"When can we move in?" Ginger asked "Today." and they did.