Chapter 18: Party Time

When they arrived they all got out of the car. "Hehe. We can already tell in which house the party is held in." Akio said. "Yeah. Flan's dad has some loud speakers." Ginger said "I remember he used to play them almost every Friday and Saturday." Flan said.

Bunmei took a deep breath. "The smell of cherry blossooms is delightful." he said. "Yeah. We really like cherry blossom trees." Lolly said. "Hey Flan. Who's birthday is it again?" Meisu asked

"Oh it's Aiji's, my brother. Well, not blood related, we adopted him when he was one and I was two years old. I guess you can call him my brother." Flan explained.

Flan rang the doorbell and from inside the house you could hear Lassie, Flan's German Shepherd barking at the door,and Aiji telling her to calm down.

Aiji opened the door "Hey sis! Long time no see." he said hugging Flan "Happy birthday!" they all said. "Thank you so much. You all look very nice too." Aiji said then they thanked him. Lassie wouldn't stop barking at the door begging for Aiji to open the door and let her see. "Please come in. Don't worry she doesn't bite, she is very kind and loyal. There are still a few guests that need to arrive." Aiji said. As soon as they walked in, Flan, Lolly, and Ginger kneeled down and started playing with Lassie.
"Oh my God we missed you so much girl!" Lolly said. And Flan gave Lassie a hug.
When Lassie saw the boys she jumped on them and made them fall back laughing. The girls bursted a laugh then Flan and Aiji got Lassie off of them."Is she the only pet?" Meisu asked rubbing Lassie's head. Flan laughed and said "Nope. We have a Havanese named Malú, and a Bombay cat named Violín." Flan said. "Wow. But why Violín?" Akio asked "I don't know, it's my mom's cat." Flan said. "Lassie belongs to my dad, Violín belongs to my mom, and Malú belongs to me."

Meisu, Bunmei, and Akio looked to the living room and saw a black cat with green eyes staring at them. "Why is he staring at us like that?" Bunmei asked "Oh he just doesn't know you. He won't bite, though, he'll just flee and hiss at you. But he is actually a really nice cat once you get to know each other. And Malú is over there."
A white Havanese came walking in a fancy beat, down the hallway and walked to Flan and she picked her up. "She is very feminine. She doesn't eat her own barf; she hates being dirty; basically everything disgusting that most dogs do, she doesn't do it. And same thing goes for Lassie and Violin. After all, he's a cat." Flan said. "So basically, you have a very hygiene family." Akio said. "Technically, yes." Lolly said.

"Oh, Aiji, I apologize, these are, Meisu, Bunmei, and Akio." Flan said. "Meisu, Bunmei, Akio, this is Aiji." "Hajimemashite (Nice to meet you.)" they all said to each other.

"Here." Flan said handing Aiji a roll of money tied in a little red ribbon. "What's this?" Aiji asked. "Happy birthday... From all of us." Flan said. "Thank you... All of you." Aiji said. "You're welcome?..yeah you're welcome." the rest said. "I'll be back. I'm just going to put this away really quick." Aiji said and he ran upstairs to put the money away.

"So.. What's with the From all of us?" Lolly asked. Flan smiled at all of them and said "Why not?" "We gotta thank you for this." Ginger said. "Hey, it's a little help in the name of all of us." Ginger said. "That's very nice of you, Ishii-san." Akio said. "Friends help friends." Bunmei said. "I'm glad you know about that, Bunmei." Lolly said laughing.

"I'm back. Well, the party is outside. And so is everyone." Aiji said leading them to the back yard.

The huge backyard that the three houses shared, was decorated very well, and there was a stage with a microphone and speakers. Aiji ran to the stage.

"Test 1, 2... Ahem, good afternoon everybody!" Aiji said. "As we all know we have many wonderful guests here, and some that are yet to come, but I would like to call up my sister Flan and her friends up here. As many of us don't know. Their awesome grades made them win a lottery and now they all go to a very big school in another town, a wonderful prize for hard workers. Let's hear it for them." Aiji said. Everybody was clapping and cheering. They all went up the stage.