Chapter 20: Singing For Tadpoles In A Starry Night

Ginger & Akio

"You look a little green, Ginger. Don't you think you've had enough?" Akio asked lounging in his chair. "I feel fine." Ginger said with her head on the table. "Just one more pastry- just a bite." Ginger said. Akio snatched the plate away from her. "No way, José! Ginger. Don't eat it. You're going to be sick. You've eaten 70 out of 100% of the treat bar." Akio warned her. "It's okay, Akio! I'll be fine." Ginger said grabbing a mini tart.

"Akio..." Ginger called. Akio looked at her in worry, then Ginger ran to the bushes and spewed. Akio ran behind her and held her hair and her forehead. They stayed there for about 2 minutes. "Are you done?" Akio asked. "Uh huh." Ginger said a little hazy.
Akio walked Ginger back to their table. "Here, drink some water." he said handing her a water bottle. Ginger drank some water. "Arigato. (thank you)" Ginger said "No problem....WHAT THE HECK DID I TELL YOU!?" Akio asked "I'm sorry! I was hungry!" Ginger said "No, you were greedy. There's a difference."
"I'm sorry." Ginger said covering her face in embarassment.
Akio hugged her "It's okay.." Akio said.

Moments later, Lolly and Bunmei come and sit with them.
"HEY FRIENDS!" Bunmei said. "Hey, Bunmei." Akio said "His name is Baka." Lolly assured. "Shut up, Lolly." Bunmei said.
Akio and Ginger laughed. Bunmei saw that Aiji was filling his cup with some more fruit punch. "Hey Ishii-kun! Aiji!" Bunmei hollered. "Come sit with us!" Bunmei called. Aiji walked over and sat with the rest. "Hey guys." Aiji said sitting down. Then Lolly saw that Flan and Meisu walked out of the house.

"FLAN! MEISU! Come sit with us." so then they walked over there and sat down. "So what are we talking about?" Flan asked. "Oh nothing, we just sat here." Akio said.

"Well, what's been going on?" Meisu asked. "Well, Ginger threw up a while ago." Akio said "Why?" Lolly asked. "Because she didn't listen to me, when I told her she had enough treats." Lolly and Flan face palmed. "Really, Ginger?! You know better!"
Flan said "They were sweet!" Ginger said "Ginger you're already too sweet, yourself." Aiji said.

"See, Flan? This is why I tell you that we need to keep her on a leash!" Lolly said "No, what Ginger needs, is to listen better to the people who want to help her. Have you learned your lesson, Ginger?" Meisu asked, and Ginger nodded. "Lolly, you think we need to keep everybody on a leash." Bunmei said "You're like, We need to keep Barney on a leash." Bunmei said and everyone laughed. "Who's Barney?" Aiji asked. "I don't know, that was the first name that come to my mind." Bunmei answered "Yeah but why Barney?" "I DON'T KNOW!!" Bunmei yelled. Aiji looked like he had just seen a ghost and just kept drinking his juice.

"Well, me and Bunmei were insulting each other! IT WAS FUN!" Lolly said. "How was it funny?" Flan asked. "It's Bunmei and Lolly. Of course we'd laugh." Lolly said in third person. "What did you guys do inside, Meisu?" Akio asked. "Oh, just fix some snacks and stuff the piñata, and talk." Flan said.

"PIÑATA TIME!" Flan's dad called. All the little kids quickly got in line. Akemi looked at Meisu and Meisu gave him a thumbs up. Akemi got in baseball possition, and when he was about to swing the stick...

"STOP! DON'T KILL IT!" a little girl cried. "Flan, you're good with kids." Lolly whispered "I'm on it."
"Kuriko. What's wrong?" Akemi asked "Kuri-chan, what's the matter? Don't you want to hit the piñata?" Flan asked "No! I don't want to hurt the piñata! Why should we hurt something to take advantage of it?" Kuriko said. "Kuri-chan, it's not a living thing, it's card board. We don't hurt life, it's not living. We hit the piñata with the stick, and then candy comes out! Don't you want candy?" Flan asked "Hai...(yes)" Kuriko said. "Well, we must break it." Flan said. "But it's so pretty." Kuriko said. "Look, I'll make you a mini piñata that you can hang in your room. Okay?" Flan offered. "Okay." "Good. Now go and have fun." Flan said giving Kuriko a small hug. "Okay, people. Everything is okay. Proceed!" Flan said walking back to her friends. "You're so good with kids." Meisu said. "No, I'm not. I'm just patient. But I can be very mean when I get irritated. Like c'mon, she's only 5." Flan said. "True." Meisu answered.