Chapter 9: Ginger's Gingerbread Man

Ginger didn't even know where she was heading. She was nearly walking in circles. Hallway to hallway, classroom to classroom, and there was nobody around to ask for directions and that was a big school. It was exhausting. She gave up and sat down in the hallway and read a manga and ate some mochi to entertain herself.

(In a class)
A girl looked out the window and saw Ginger.
"Sumimasem Abukara-shi, theres a girl sitting in the hallway. I am afraid she is skipping class." she told her teacher
"Hey you!" the teacher called Ginger
"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" she asked
"Yes ma'am, but I couldn't find my class, and there was nobody in the halls to ask for directions."
"What class are you trying to reach?"
"Room 126, teacher: Abukara-shi."
The teacher facepalmed and pointed to her sign.
"Read it." she said
"Room 126, Abukara-shi." she read. And she snapped.
"What is your name, child?"
"Ginger Mori."
And she walked in.
"Class this is your new peer Mori-san."
"Hajimemashite Mori-san." the students said
"You may have a seat over there." she asked Ginger
"Okay"
Ginger walked to her new seat. A boy with watery brown hair and brown eyes with a gray beanie with matching gloves that didn't cover his fingers, a half zipped jacket and skinny jeans was just writing in a book. Probably his diary. Ginger thought he was cute or, kawaii.
"Hi" Ginger said. The boy looked up and put away the book. Not a word said. "Mind if I sit by you?" Ginger asked, the boy nodded his head no and reached for her chair and pulled it out.
"Thank you." she said smiling and she sat down
"You are very polite." she complimented.
"I'm Ginger! What's your name?" she asked.
They boy just moved his eyes around nervously.
"Akio Ikeida." he said shyly.
"Akio. That's a pretty name."
"Thanks." he smiled.
"OMG! I got you to talk! I mean- sorry."
"It's okay. I'm just shy like that. All I do is write instead of talk. My mind functions way too much for my mouth to be active." he said
"That sounds like my friend Flan sometimes."
"Hajimemashite Ginger." he said holding his hand out and Ginger shook his hand "Hajimemashite Akio."