Chapter 16: You're Invited!

The next Sunday, they were all sleeping like dreaming angels. Flan was all over her bed, with her pillows and blankets, she could stay there all day; Ginger was curled in her panda onesie with all of her 44 stuffed animals; and Lolly was sleeping like a normal teen girl. Flan fell asleep reading a book, Ginger fell asleep eating cookies and watching a movie, and Lolly fell asleep listening to her jPod.

Flan's phone began to ring. "Konnichiwa, kore Flan derimasu. (Japanese for: Hello this is Flan.)"

-Hey sweet cake!
-Mom?
-How are you?
-Great. You woke me up ten minutes before my alarm clock snoozed.
-Oh, gommenasai. But I just needed to give you a call. You know what day is it today right?
-September 2nd?
-Aha..go on
-It's a birthday isn't it?
-Hai... Do you know who's?
-no
-Aiji!
-Oh, Aiji! Yeah I'll give him a call later on.
-No, no, no, no, no. We are having a birthday party today at 3pm. You can make it right?
-Well mom, I was going to make candles and repaint the walls with some cool art. But I think that could wait.
-I'm sure it can sweet cake. But family is more important. And he really wants you all to come. We're going to have a big fat cake that me and aunt Mahiru are going to make--
-Oh do you guys need help?
-Oh no, dear we can do it.
-Oh.. Okay go on
-Just be aware that there are going to be many fun things.
-Okay. Hey mom! Wait
-Yes?
-Me and the girls have three friends that we've been hanging with. Can they come?
-Oh sure. Bring your friends I'd love to meet them.
-It's okay if they're shonens, right?
-Yes, ofcourse.
-Yes! Kansha mama. We'll be there.
-Sayonara
-Bye mom.

Flan just layed in her bed staring to the ceiling and kind of rehearsed what she was going to tell Meisu.
She dialed his number and he answered in a sleepy voice.

-Konnichiwa kore Meisu derimasu
-Hey Meisu.
-Flan? Why are you calling me so early in the morning? Is everything allright?
-Yeah umm, I just wanted to invite you to my brother's birthday party this afternoon at 3. Would you and AB like to come?
-Where is the party at?
-It's in the country, but you can come dressed however you like. Its very pretty.
-Okay sure. I'll come by to pick you and GL at 2.
-Okay. Got it.
-Thanks. Bye Flan.
-Bye Meisu.

Flan did her bed, she put on her pastel yellow bath robe and she walked across the hallway to Ginger and Lolly's room and opened the blinds. "GOODMORNING SWEETIES!!!" Flan said and Lolly and Ginger complained "Ishii-san we have rules in this house, don't wake others up before their alarm clock." Ginger said. "We're going to a party back home. ABM are going to be there, and our three families too."
Ginger and Lolly sat up in their beds. "Sure, okay."

Flan quickly made Ginger and Lolly pancakes and they all sat down to eat.

"So, what are we going to give Aiji?" Flan asked taking a sip of coffee from her mug. "Oh I know! Let's buy him Mario merchandise!" Ginger said "Ginger that's absurd, he's turning 14, he's not going to want Mario merch." Lolly said. "Who wouldn't want mario merch for their birthday?" Ginger asked. "Well Ginger, for my 14th birthday, the last thing on my wishlist was mario merch." Flan said. Ginger stood in awkward silence. "Sonic?" and then Lolly facepalmed a smile "You are such a potato."
"No but seriously, what do we get him?" Flan asked "He's your brother, why are you making it sound like you're buying The President a gift for his Bday?" that made Flan think. "I got it!" Ginger said "Ginger we are not getting him a Splatoon room set." Flan interupted "No!... Allthough that's not so bad.. No! What I meant has nothing to do with merch." Ginger said.
"So?" Lolly asked "Let's glomp him!" Ginger said. "Uhh yeah, let Flan do it in the name of all of us." Lolly said. "Okay I'll do it." Flan said. "Owarimashita! (Japanese: Done)"

"Cool. Let's get dressed." Lolly said.