Chapter 24: The Halloween Party

"This is the place." Bunmei said. Immediately, Flan got a bad feeling. "Is this a nightclub?" Flan asked worriedly. "No, not really. It's more like a place where teens go and book in parties.. Big parties." Akio said "Are you sure this place is safe? I kind of have a bad feeling. Not to bring bad vibes or anything, but it's the carefulness in me." Flan asked. "Yeah, Flan. They don't sell alcohol or anything here. It's just music, snacks and fruit punch. There hasn't been any reported issues here, and there are cops too." Bunmei said "Don't worry, Flan. I'll help you take care of everyone." Meisu said "Thanks, Meisu." Flan said "Great. Now let's go have some fun!" Lolly said.

They all got out of the car. The security guard just asked them for their names and checked his list. Everybody was invited.
When they walked in there was loud Dubstep and Trap playing and people dancing, while there was other people just sitting down talking or eating snacks. Everyone had different costumes.

"Well, so far so good." Flan said "Woo-hoo!" Bunmei said. "C'mon, Lolly. Let's go get some punch." Bunmei said, then he and Lolly went away. "I'm not very comfortable here. I'm the only person without a costume." Akio said "I told you, you should've worn a costume!" Ginger said "I know.. But if anyone asks, I'll just say what you said. I'm a modern teen vampire." Akio said laughing. "Hehe yeah." Ginger said.

"Why don't you go get some snacks?" Flan asked Ginger. "No, Flan. She can not. You remember what happened at Aiji's party?" Akio asked "Oh yes. But you're here, Akio. I learned my lesson so now I promise to control myself." Ginger said. "I'm coming!" Ginger said running to the snack bar. Flan smiled at Akio. "I'll catch you two later. I'll just go watch her so she doesn't go overboard.. Again." Akio said walking away "Thanks, Akio." Flan said.

Bunmei and Lolly

"..HAHA, I know right?! I also remember when one night me and Meisu ate the icing off of a few Oreo cookies and replaced it with toothpaste, and then we gave them to Akio, and he was like 'Are these the white mint Oreos?' And then Meisu said 'Yeah';  then Akio said they tasted like the toothpaste we use and I said 'Because it is!' and we started laughing as he ran to the trash to spit them out. He forgave us, but it was plain hilarious. Everything turned out okay because all of us are used to it. We like pranking each other." Bunmei told Lolly and she started laughing really hard.

"You guys are crazy. One time, Ginger and Flan painted the soap with clear nail Polish and when I went to take a shower I was struggling to get foam. Then when I went downstairs to ask them for some liquid soap because something was wrong with the soap, they started laughing and that's when they told me what was up.. Crazies." Lolly said

"That's funny right there." Bunmei said laughing "It's like you guys are the girl versions of us." Bunmei said. "Umm, no. You guys are the boy versions of us." Lolly said "That's technically what I just said." Bunmei said "I know, silly. I'm just messing with you." Lolly said.

"Would you guys like some more fruit punch?" the worker asked. "Yes, please." Bunmei said and the worker  refilled their cups. "Thank you." Lolly said and the worker walked away. "Happy Halloween." Bunmei said raising his cup and Lolly did too and said "Cheers. Wanna go grab some pizza?" and Bunmei said "You read my mind!" Bunmei said grabbing her hand and they ran to the snack bar.

Ginger and Akio

"These treats are good, but not as good as the ones at Aiji's party. You know, the ones Flan and her mom made." Ginger said "The brownies are good." Akio said. "Oh, once you try the brownies Flan makes, other brownies won't taste as good.. There might  be other cooks who make them better, but, I'm telling you hers are delicious. I'll tell her to make the chocolate mint ones for Christmas." Ginger said taking a bite of a pumpkin shaped cookie. Akio stood in silence and looked at Ginger for a few seconds.