Chapter 26

The beautiful Mountainous Hunza valley situated in the northern part of the Gilgit-Balistan region of Pakistan was the land of Imtyaj khandan's rise

Habiba and the rest had been travelling for hours, this long journey was a whole new experience for her. As they passed the area at night time Habiba couldn't see the uttermost beauty of that mountainous land.

The car stopped with a jerk reminding them they had arrived at their destination. Habiba peeked through the window and the scene before she was enough to leave her open-mouthed. Her eyes widened looking up and down the large mansion before her. She was ogling at its mighty sight.

The haveli standing proudly screamed rich, luxury, and wealth. One mere sight of it would give away the richness of Imtyaj's power and honour.

Getting down the car Habiba's anticipating gaze searched for the person about whom Hamza had talked a few times and informed her beforehand. And she didn't need much time as the people present there were less crowded and she would be the first one to catch anyone's attention among them.

No doubt.

She was clad in a beautiful soft silk cream colour saree. The black shawl with its edge beautifully knitted in cream colour fibre covered her head and upper body. The elegant gold balas (bangles) dominated over the wrinkled skin, making her wrist look graceful. Her hands rested on the oak-coloured walking stick before her. A few strands of white hair fanned over her face as it was pretty chilly around them.

Habiba gulped meeting her squinted gaze, her wrinkly skin around her eyes showed the woman had aged enough yet the wrinkled skin failed to hide the fact of her being crucially beautiful in her youth.

Zulaikha Bibi, Chachi of Hasim Imtyaj, the oldest, most respected, and the guardian of the Imtyaj family till the date stood at the entrance of the haveli with all her might and proudly holding her head high

Habiba saw her gaze drifted from her and the corner of her lips twitched just for the fraction of a second.

Habiba followed her gaze and spotted her husband with the sleeping Zayn in his arms standing beside her. She looked back at the mysterious woman and found her calculating gaze rested on her again, her face stoic and one of the brows lifted.

Habiba looked down and fidgeted in her place, a little bit nervous under the woman's calculating gaze. Habiba looked back again and saw her nodding curtly facing Shahnaz Begum, who stood beside her along with Daneen who wore a smiling face.

Grinning, Shahnaz Begum moved near her with a golden colour traditional cane tray in her hands where a dark red piece of clothing was neatly folded. Taking the dupatta she handed the tray to Daneen and swirled it around Habiba.

Confusion was visible on Habiba's face feeling the heavy dupatta around her. She looked down, ran her hand on the gorgeous silk fabric that she wore, and looked at her mother-in-law, her brows knitted together.