Chapter 28 (part 1)

"Are you planning to join the hospital again?" Zulaikha Bibi broke the silence.

That morning Zulaikha Bibi offered Habiba a cup of tea in the garden after breakfast. The warmth of the sun patting her cheek to her contentment, the flower's heavenly and pleasant fragrance engulfing her nostrils, and a hot cup of tea in hand, Habiba was loving every bit of it.

The fiddly feelings again filled Habiba hearing her voice. Coming here she had less interaction with the old woman and the presence of her always gave her an aura of mystery.

" Yeah, once I return home In sha Allah." Habiba couldn't figure out if the woman sitting beside her was displeased or the contrariwise by her answer as she had plastered a blank expression.

"UP...UP...UP." Both of them turned to the side hearing the loud shriek of Zayn.

Where Daneen was pushing a gleeful Zayn on the wooden swing who demanded her to push harder as he felt to touch the sky flying higher. Zayn never failed to adorn her mother's face with a pleasing smile.

"Poor girl." Zulaikha Bibi let out a heavy sigh.

Habiba turned to the sound and for the first time, she saw a deep emotion of distress wandering over her face. She knew what it was for and her heartache in heavy grief to thinking the reason behind it.

"Not everyone is blessed with offspring." Habiba shivered internally at the intense sorrow in her voice.

Zulaikha Bibi had no children of her own as she was infertile and that was why she could feel the misery of Daneen to the fullest.

"What's going on?" They were recovered from their emotionally sad state by Shahnaz Begum who entered the scene and plopped down on the chair in front of them.

Habiba smiled softy at her who returned that with her beautiful smile too. Habiba noticed a golden box in her hand but didn't pay much heed to that until she felt her grabbing her hand and slipping two gold bangles on her wrist.

"Ammi! What's that for?" Habiba asked in confusion, her frows knitted together.

"Dekho beta. You didn't listen to me when I told you to wear it but you have no choice now cause Ammi threatened me to make you wear this," Shahnaz Begum said smugly to her bewilderment.

Habiba turned to Zulaikha Bibi who spoke up for her, "You're the bahu of the Imtyaj family and you've to remember that always. Relatives will start coming and I don't want them to gossip about you. People here have a different point of view and mindset regarding such matter."

She said in a dismissal tone that Habiba had no saying but to tilt her head a little. She didn't like that.

Habiba put a sleeping Zayn in the bed carefully and covered him well with the blanket

Habiba put a sleeping Zayn in the bed carefully and covered him well with the blanket. She slowly walked to the dressing table to apply moisturizer on her face. Her hand stopped there and she softly caressed her cheek. She tucked her hair behind the ear and looked closely at herself.

Can she be levelled the same as Daneen and Zaara when it comes to beauty? She doubt that cause she wasn't tall, white, and perfect like them.

All these ridiculous thoughts were running through her mind when she carelessly ran her hand over the gold pendant she wore that morning. Was insecurity engulfing her without warning?

Perhaps.

Her trails of thoughts were interrupted when the door banged open. Hamza strode inside the room with angry steps and left to the balcony, not giving her a single glance.

It took a minute for her to grasp the moment and she looked behind quickly to see if Zayn's slumber was disturbed. She sighed in relief to see him sleeping peacefully but that didn't erase her anger due to the stupid stunt her husband just caused.

She took some big steps to reach him and gasped in horror meeting him on the balcony. She quickly closed the door there and covered her mouth with one hand while the other snatched the cigarette from his mouth and threw it away.

"Have you lost it?" she interrogated right away.

Ignoring her question he walked slowly towards her like a predator.

"How dare you?!" He took her arm in a painful grip and pulled as harshly as the impact caused her to crush on his chest.

She gulped and looked into his eyes, hardly choking the sob that threatened to come out due to the immense pain in her arms. She didn't think of this outcome for her doings earlier. His red eyes and the hazardous face that he made terrified her.

"Leave." He angrily spat through gritted teeth.

Her tears brimming eyes did something in his heart. He looked over her face and felt his anger boosting as it reminded him of the man earlier. He didn't realize his grip was hardening more unless she let out a painful whimper.

His grip loosened though he didn't free her but hugged her waist and pinned her to his chest. He didn't give much care to her squirming roughly to get released from him. He brought his phone from his pocket when it pinged indicating an incoming text.

"Tsk. Tsk. Don't be so harsh to your little wife."

That was the text.

Habiba sacredly observed his jaw clench so did his hold tighten around her waist. His eyes were red and he furiously typed something before throwing the phone on a nearby couch.

"Fu*k off."

He suddenly erased the whole distance between them and nudged his face in the crook of her shoulder. Her jasmine and vanilla scent soothed him slowly and satisfyingly.

His beard tickled her exposed shoulder but she hadn't much attention there as his bipolar behaviour confused her. Her eyebrows touched together in annoyance. She didn't find an appropriate reason for his harsh behaviour.

She felt him inhaling deep and long breaths as if he was calming himself down. She caressing his back gently was a big help for him in that case.

"You're so damn short." His statement made her gasp audibly which caused him to smirk.

She poked the side of him as harshly as she could but it wasn't that impactful and she was infuriated more hearing his loud laughter. He hold her hand and made her hug him back like before laughing all the time.

Salam all

Salam all.
Comment if you liked the chapter.
Remember my parents in your duas. <<<333