Chapter 32

Silence! Pin-drop silence. It was as if the time had stopped; everything, everyone was stuck in a monstrous ice. They fell into such a destructive trap that it swallowed them leaving no clue behind. They slipped harder with no strength leaving to pull them up.

The capacity of the emotion of being shocked indeed has such power to make someone out of words, mute! Turning furious, destroying things could only distract the mind for a while but the later torture of the previous feeling is indescribable.

Detectives, laws, and punishments from the so-called laws weren't a matter of worry in the life of a gangster. Rather, the prison can be considered as the safest place for him to carry on with the business with no barriers, no obstacles in the way.

The collapse of the empire he built, the crumbling down of all the illegal business he performed in, falling down from the stairs of success he achieved, and losing the title of superiority was the worst nightmare that he couldn't even dare to imagine. Unfortunately, the latter was exactly what happened in his case, turning him if not physically but emotionally paralyzed.

All of a sudden the sharp click-clack sounds of the heels crashing on the tiles captured everyone's attention from the Jalal mansion's living room. She stood tall and walked with long strides swinging her hips from side to side like the 90s model Yasmeen Ghauri. Nonetheless, it wasn't her Luis Vuitton jacket with a white crop top inside, Levi's high-waisted jeans, five-inch heels from Stuart Weitzman, or the boss-like walk that caught their attention. Their blood boiled from seeing the satisfied smirk adorning her face but being too flabbergasted they couldn't help but watch the showdown sitting still.

Throwing the jacket on the couch she slumped down, lit up a cigarette inhaled a long puff of smoke with pleasure once being comfortable throwing one leg on the other.

"Oh how fast the table has turned!" She sang through the smoke in a hushed tone looking up at the glazing chandelier.

And then the sudden burst out of laughter echoed all around the manor and frankly, no one was surprised as they saw that coming. As if synchronized, they waited, waited for that maniac-like laughter to stop and she complied. She stopped laughing and wiped the tears from her cheek and the humour from her face.

"Haven't I warned you, Baba?" In reply to her bitter tone, their eyes met after years and for the first time, Wahab Jalal felt intimidated to look into his daughter's eyes.

Her looks were full of ferociousness, deep in vicious that he couldn't look into them any longer.

"When your good-for-nothing son failed the simple task of murdering the firstborn of the Imtyaj's, I knew the end was near." Her voice was as sharp as a blade that left no room for anyone to argue back.

"Well, I don't blame him though..." she cut the sentence to have a glance at her brother and scoffed seeing her mother holding an angry Adil, stopping him to lash out towards her with sheer anger.

"You showed that matter your cold shoulder when this as*hole fooled you into killing the unborn second baby. Which was completely useless." She gave her attention back to her father with a mocking smirk plastered on her face.

Inhaling the last puff of smoke she stood up stepped on the cigar and out of the blue started laughing dangerously whilst singing in a high-pitched tone.

"Khalas, Baba! You're doomed." Her words sent a chill running down his spine and provoked him to the point he felt to hit her till the moment she couldn't breathe but luck didn't seem to be by his side.

She was in charge of the control and she deliberately proved that by walking towards him, crouching down to his level, face to face, one look at his horrified face she so badly wanted to augment that.