Chapter 23

ABIR's POV

The same day...
11:36 PM

I was sitting on my chair in our meeting room at our mansion and the meeting for the new diamond consignment was going on... As Aarnav talked with the man with whom we were going to have the deal... The deal was vital for us as well as for the other person too...

My mind was least interested in listening to what they were talking about as it was still in the things that happened a few hours...

Everything was playing in my mind again & again... And that too with a thought of 'Will she leave me if she gets to know about my dark side, me being The Mafia King?' And my heart was telling me again & again, 'No she will NEVER leave you! She loves you...'

That's true that she loves me the same way I do, but my mind screaming & telling me that she will leave me after knowing that I am a Mafia AND I LIED TO HER...

Her words in our conversation were playing back to back in my mind...

When Mishti said," Some criminal who wanted to take revenge from her father, I hate the one to kill someone for their benefit..." The one thought that crossed my mind at that time ain't I one of them...

I was out of thought process as Aarnav called me, I looked back at him to which he was giving me the expression where the hell are you lost?

I am so much lost, I should quickly conclude this meeting and talk to Aarnav, I think he can help me out...

The meeting ended well as all left the room it was just Aarnav and me with him giving me a look are you going to speak or not? I think he knows I want to share something with him and I am stressed...

I started telling everything from the moment the road accident with the lady happened and then my sweetheart fainted and we went to the hospital...

As I completed telling him everything the one question with which I was dealing was what he asked me, "You fear of Mishti bhabhi leaving you forever if she gets to know of you being the mafia king..." I gave him a nod but the thought of her leaving me was something I wish never to come true...

Aarnav with hesitance in his voice looking at me said, " Bhai I think you should tell bhabhi everything and let her decide what she wants if she wants to leave she can..."

"NO! NEVER! She can't leave me... " I shouted at Aarnav. Maybe not him but I was telling myself...

"She is MINE, ONLY MINE... And she will not leave me I will never let her... I just need to hide from her just now, but I will tell her at the right time... The whole truth, then my Mishti will definitely understand me... She will understand me..." I said or should I say shouted to my mind which was thinking about the negative side of her leaving me.

"Wouldn't she? Aarnav" I asked aarnav I don't know why I asked him that I was sure that she will but there was still something bothering me...

"Yes, Bhai... She will definitely understand... And you were not that devil but the circumstances made you one." Aarnav replied with a small smile.

─────────────────────

Author's POV

A few days later...

In a mall's basement, Abir is standing holding a gun and just going to trigger on the man standing in front of him, the man is wounded a lot, and is pleading for his life. Abir's men are also standing behind Abir and some near that man so he doesn't run away...

Abir gives a smirk and says in a stern voice, "So.. What is going to be your last wish? Tell fast... I don't have time to waste on you..." The man says, "Sir! Please let me go, I just helped Anup Roy for money.. I didn't know he is your enemy.." Abir chuckles and says, "No.. don't you even think of me forgiving you.." and presses the trigger and shoots the man to death...

And then Abir tells his men to look after his body. Abir's man takes away the body of that man. Abir is still standing there holding the gun.

"Abirr... " Abir hears someone calling him from behind and he identifies that's his sweetheart Mishti's voice. He gets shocked and feared that what if she has seen all this.. and moves in the direction of the voice and spots Mishti coming in his direction.

Abir hurriedly hides his gun. And just smiles looking at Mishti. But wait why Mishti is not smiling, she is giving a different look. A questioning look... Has she seen everything, that's what Abir fears...

Mishti comes near Abir and says, You here? Abir.. and gives her beautiful smile... Abir breathes in relief after understanding that she hasn't seen anything. Abir doesn't know what to answer her back so decides to ask her instead to dodge her question easily and asks, What are you doing in this basement?

Mishti says "I came for watching a movie in the mall with Ishita. She has just gone to get her car... And now tell me, what are you doing here?

Abir says to himself in mind 'Abir Rajvansh it's not easy to dodge your sweetheart's question this easily' replies to mishti with a smile, " I was missing my sweetheart so came here finding her like a lost puppy..." Mishti blushes at his reply which turns her cheeks red as a tomato which makes her cuter...

A car honks from mishti's behind as Mishti & Abir look that way they notice Ishita making her way out of her car, and Mishti notices her best friend giving her a mischievous grin...

"Hii... Abir You here? You know I didn't know mishti was planning to make me go alone home after the movie... Mishtu you should have told me na do you think I would have not let you go with your boyfriend?" making a fake sad face Ishita says.

Mishti replies quickly, "I too didn't know about Abir coming here. Isn't it Abir?" To which Abir replied, "Yes! " Ishita says"Ok! If you say so... then I leave you both to enjoy your night drive"

Mishti smiles at her friend's comment ... Abir on the other side feels happy to get to spend some time with his sweetheart...

'It's going to be a long beautiful night' Abir smiles telling himself...

─────────────────────

That's it for today guys... Stay tuned!! sorry for being late with the update...

Thank you, everyone, for your lovely comments on the previous chapter...

The next chapter will be coming soon...

Sorry if there's any mistake in the chapter, And you all are free to tell me my mistakes too...

DO VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE

Take care...

See ya...

Thank you ❤️