𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭, 𝟎𝟐

YOU WENT THROUGH the case files in your office, it was thin, no leads, no witness, close to nothing

     YOU WENT THROUGH the case files in your office, it was thin, no leads, no witness, close to nothing. though a few beaten up CCTV cameras managed to catch the suspects, sometimes there would be three or two, other times there'd be one. you weren't sure if there were more but they seemed to be the same people.

despite making out a few details in the pictures of the suspects, the camera was blurry and it was night, meaning the footage was barely visible. you only caught on the fact that two of the suspects wore dark clothing as the other wore a white hoodie, stupidly enough.

it was clear in the footage that these suspects were fleeing, though there was rarely any footage of them heading toward to the crime scene.

it was your second day in this new place, you were instantly caught up with the cases, getting intrigued by the second. although these prime suspects were good at getting away, they were also at the same time, undoubtedly clumsy and obvious. getting caught on cameras, leaving a few things behind, misplacing objects, though it's not enough to find a solid lead.

the TV was on, playing as background noise on the news channel, it was a way for you to focus or try to get new information at the same time. you placed down the file, trying to catch some clue on the TV. it displayed a house with police tape around, before the camera switched to a man who was cuffed and put in the back of a police car.

"marinda marriot was found killed this morning in her own home, the victim was allegedly stabbed by her husband, james marriot, who was caught a few hours ago." the news reporter informed, spurting out more news that you had tuned out.

the state police are aware of the current situation and about you. if they managed to find a dead body that was killed in the same way as the many bodies before, the chief would call you up and inform you on the new intel.

despite the contract and your conditions saying that you were to work alone, you were authorised to call for assistance with the police any time that was necessary for you. as for how they detect which crime is which, normal cases are either the victims being stabbed due to a jealous family member or friends, murders with motive and solid evidence, robberies, etc... those type of cases are the cases that the police are allowed to investigate.

your cases on the other hand have a pattern, the victim either died due to multiple amounts of ridiculous stabbings or something that's gruesome and not even close to human murder. we're talking beheaded, organ displacement, torture before death, hell even dying due to seeing something unexplained.

if the police find crime scenes identical to the case your working on, they'll ring you up, you'll visit the crime scene, take photos, collect evidence, leave the police to question witness(es) and suspect(s) which always results in nothing, clear the witness(es) and suspect(s), and then leave the police to clean everything. the bodies are kept at the hospital, cleaned by the workers but untouched after that.