𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐞, 𝟎𝟑

THE LITTLE BELL above the glass door chimed as you pushed it open

     THE LITTLE BELL above the glass door chimed as you pushed it open. instantly, you were greeted with the smell of various pastries and goodies. though, you yourself wasn't feeling hungry for a snack.

you made your way towards the line and like every normal customer, waited.

waiting doesn't go too well with you as you start tapping your shoe against the tiled floors, looking around the place to find something interesting, blowing a silent raspberry.

you pulled your phone out, ignoring the notifications just to check on the time. it was afternoon, probably explained why the cafe was packed, that didn't stop you from earning your beverage. the queue shortened ever so slightly, you took a step forward sluggishly to fill in the gap, your face screamed from the lack of variation but that all soon washed away.

you felt piercing eyes bore into you, though your expression never changed nor did you attempt to look at the owner of the eyes you felt on you. it was unusual, mostly you would notice people glancing normally at you and the other customers, as if to connect with their surroundings after being lost with what their doing but soon enough return to their nick-nacks.

however, the eyes that you miraculously noticed, lingered longer on you. you felt as though you were transparent, like the latter could see all your secrets and downsides. granted that, you still kept a calm composure, just to not make it obvious.

the line shortened and soon enough, it was your turn to order. you briefly scanned the menu before picking out a warm beverage, swiftly paying after. you went ahead and sat on an empty table, just near the window, a perfect place to try and find something eye-catching.

you eased slightly, feeling no eyes. maybe they were still staring, but it didn't matter, it wasn't as intense as when you were in line. not a minute flew by, a waitress had already placed down your order on the table.

you took a sip before standing up to quickly leave from the cafe, maybe it was time to go. you pushed the glass doors and made your way towards your car, it was quite a distance away but you didn't mind.

the sidewalk was filled with people passing by, though not crowded enough. passing shops and restaurants, you did take the opportunity to get use to this new place, scanning your surroundings with a dignified stare.

mew

you halted, turning to the alley with a raised brow. someone had accidentally bumped into you so you took a step in the alley to avoid blocking the busy sidewalk, all the while looking for the source of the sound.

you know you were asking for death when you enter alley's, but the meek meow somehow had caught your attention despite you encountering a lot of animals.

the tall buildings on either side of the alleyway blocked the sun from seeping through, there, next to a trash bin, was a box. a little head popped out after hearing your footsteps, it was a kitten.