𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐰, 𝟎𝟒

GOING OUTSIDE SEEMED like a bad idea now, that encounter that you had just been involved with did not sit well with you

GOING OUTSIDE SEEMED like a bad idea now, that encounter that you had just been involved with did not sit well with you. especially the nonsense that the mysterious man had exposed... jeff, the guy who was outside your house a few days prior, that thought of ruffling your feathers? yeah, they were beyond ruffled now.

you assumed the man in the alley had some connections with the case you were working on since his goggles looked a tad bit familiar, you doubted but his answer opened up more questions.

"that de-pends on you."

come on man, who would say that? it just makes everything more obvious, clearly he has a connection with the case.

you placed back the small metal plate onto the bracelet with care, it was fine enough but a few modifications wouldn't hurt. it would hurt the person touching it, not close to killing but will make them want to die from the sudden buzzing pain, also leaving them paralysed for a solid 5 or more seconds.

your mind couldn't help but wander back to the events of yesterday, that man, he was weird, he didn't flinch when the shock had got to him... you tried to piece the details, attempting to make a lead. the man was not familiar to you, no. he smelt of blood and maple syrup and... the woods. the forest!

you lit up, dropping the screwdriver on a desk before discarding to your office, scaring the newfound cats in the process wandering around the hallway. you made it to a certain door at the end of the corridor and slammed it open, sitting down on your chair and hastily typing on the keyboard to find the run down footage of the suspects.

finally doing so, you leaned back, watching the video play. on the tape, the three were jogging, turning back now and then to see if anyone was following, it looked like they went deeper into town but the direction that they went also led to a park that had a thick and eerie forest.

you would be proud of what you discovered, but again, your digging yourself a deeper hole that you might not get out off. risking your life for a case that did not have to do anything with you was absurd, it was either leap for it or face the consequences from the higher ups.

you squinted your eyes and leaned closer towards the monitor's screen, there you saw orange eyewear slightly reflecting the street light, he must be the man in the alley, bingo.

。・゚𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ𓂅ꗃ ゚・。

you stood in a child's park in broad daylight, if was a better idea than heading in with darkness. the park was very much occupied with children roaming around on swings and slides as adults and teens walked along the path provided.

but that all didn't matter to you, your hands tucked deep in the pockets of your pants, staring off into the distance where the trees acted as walls.