𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝟑𝟓

WITH AS EASY AS a slide, you had payed for the ungodly amount of water along with a few snacks

WITH AS EASY AS a slide, you had payed for the ungodly amount of water along with a few snacks. placing your credit card where it once was, the cashier bagged your items and you could only afford to wait patiently with a soft smile. you watched as she place them into the plastic bag, quickly noticing a missing item.

"shit.." you mumbled to yourself eyes narrowly squinting before looking back up at the cashier, "i forgot to grab something." you sheepishly said with a smile, scratching your cheek lightly.

the said cashier raised her eyebrows, waving her hand, "oh don't worry, i'll hold onto your bag while you get whatever you need." your heart wanted to implode at her kindness, she sent a toothy smile your way and you thanked her more than enough, moving into the store as you let the cue move on.

"damn it toby, you and your instant waffles." an unpleased frown bended itself on your lips, remembering the said brunette's words, he more so threatened you which earned a beating from the other proxies. ah, ben. ben has been acting a bit off lately, he doesn't seem as pestery as before and it kind of concerned you, you would have to talk to him and ask what's up.

entering an aisle full of goodies, you scanned the shelves to find those instant waffles toby had mentioned. you were quite hesitant, asking him if those were even a real thing since you only knew about the powdered one but he seemed so persistent and confident that it was. tapping your cheek, you scanned the many items, shaking your head slightly at the unsuccessful attempt of finding toby's desired waffles.

turning on your heel to enter another aisle, you of course bumped into someone, stepping back from the recoil of the impact as a hand made its way to your head, "ah, sorry." you apologised, blinking before finally looking at the person you had bumped into.

shit.

there stood the demon in all his might, neatly disguised in his human form as he grinned down at you, "my dear, it's been far too long since we've talked." his eyebrows knitted in fake sadness, he gently held your hand that you had to your head, twisting so he could easily peck your knuckles, something he loved to do.

you swallowed the lump in your throat, shaking your head back into reality, "zalgo, still as gentleman-like as ever." you managed to grin, hoping it wasn't strained out of fear. you stared at him, taking notes of how he had bruises and cuts, a few bandages wrapped here and there, making your raise a brow, "where did you get all these injuries from?" you knew he attacked jack but you didn't know the shots that EJ had commanded actually hit the demon.

"i was in a bit of a... fuss." he said rather reluctantly, before he let out a soft huff, watching your face shift into one of suspicion and confusion. "you look like you've been running." he quickly changed the topic about you, taking a strand of your hair and tucking it behind your ear. your hand that he had kissed was still held in his, gently rubbing circles with his thumb, being mindful of the sharp nails as to not accidentally pierce your soft flesh.