𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝟎𝟕

YOU STARED WITH a blank expression before gaining your composure with a small shake of your head, the person you had bumped into was a man with dark brown hair, he wore a dark blue hoodie, close to black but not accurately

YOU STARED WITH a blank expression before gaining your composure with a small shake of your head, the person you had bumped into was a man with dark brown hair, he wore a dark blue hoodie, close to black but not accurately. he was completed with black jeans and dirtied converses. he wore round glasses, skin pail than normal with barely noticeable freckles.

he reached out a hand for you to grab and hesitantly you did so, "i'm ok..." you mumbled, he pulled you up to your feet before letting go, "sorry, i didn't mean to bump into you." you sheepishly apologised with a strained grin.

"it's fine, i didn't get hurt but you did take quite a fall." he smiled innocently, "it was just an accident anyway."

you nodded with pursed lips, "yeah..." you ended, not really knowing what to add next.

"you new here? i don't think i've ever seen you before around town." he tilted his head to look at you, the height difference was very much noticeable, you had to crane your neck just to look at him.

"oh right, i just moved in a few weeks ago, rarely got out of the house... busy unpacking and rearranging the place, the regular moving in stuff." you lied with a smile, he seemed to believe it as he let out a hum and nodded in the process.

"great to see new faces around here, the crimes seem to number up y'know... a majority left town due to that." he mumbled, shifting an item in his hand that he had probably plucked from an aisle, "the names jay," he held out an arm for you to shake which you reluctantly took.

"y/n, just y/n." you smiled innocently, shaking the latter's hand softly before letting go, "nice to meet you jay."

"likewise y/n." you didn't know if this man was being downright nice or just that good at hiding his emotions, "oh, i need to grab a few items... i'll see you around, y/n." he grinned, waving as he left.

you could only manage to stare at his retreating back with furrowed eyebrows, with a huff you turned on your heel and walked back to your cart. you mentally cursed yourself for acting out of the ordinary, why— no, you knew why you were paranoid.

although paranoia infected you more than you liked, for all you could know, jay was probably a nice samaritan who was just helping you out.

you had finally made it to your cart, grabbing the handle and pushing it gently along the aisles. by now, the cart was already half full, you could survive on these groceries for two months or three but since ben claims to be living with you now, it'll last for a month or so.

hopefully.

but just for extra precautions, wouldn't hurt to get a extras. your eyes took notice of a cookie packet that ben had eaten from your jar, deciding to just get it since it would be better off befriending a ghost than earning another foe.

this place was huge... colourful snacks blurred your vision, that thought was soon to be thrown into a bin by a muffled scream behind an aisle.

the author is running out of ideas and is tempted to not take this book seriously.