𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐞, 𝟏𝟖

IT WAS A NEW morning, you were already wide awake, up and ready

IT WAS A NEW morning, you were already wide awake, up and ready. zalgo hadn't been assaulting your dreams lately, not that you minded, it was better to have a dreamless sleep.

you had just finished making breakfast for two since you had already eaten, french toast and scrambled eggs. you placed the pan in the sink, washing your hands in the process.

footsteps were finally heard going down the stairs, your turned around, leaning on the counter using your elbows to prop yourself up.

jack had appeared, he was no longer in his dark hoodie, rather a bright blue tee and grey sweatpants, you had also forced him and sally to disregard their shoes at the front, claiming it'll dirty the house.

he came looking tired, eyelids barely open as he scratched his abdomen, his shirt lifting up a bit, revealing his toned abs. you grinned, watching as he dropped his hand before yawning.

"good morning." you greeted, earning a very low hum from the demon, "sleep well?"

"too well." his raspy voice replied as he sat down on one of the kitchen stools, you sliding the plate of food. he stared at it for a while before sighing, "i don't like human food."

"doesn't mean you can't eat it." you retorted, pursing your lips as you gave an uninterested look, making your way to the fridge before pulling out orange juice.

EJ leaned on a hand, which was propped on the counter by his elbow, he stared at you, well, his head was turned to you, "you did your study huh?"

you didn't respond, filling a cup with orange juice before making your way around the counter, placing it down next to EJ's plate as you leaned your head on his shoulder where his hand wasn't propped up, "eat."

the demon scoffed, seemingly to be eyeing your side, "no thank you."

"jack, i'll feed you myself if i don't see you start eating after i wake sally up." you threatened, patting his shoulder before parting to the stairs, leaving the demon dumbfounded.

just as you made it upstairs, two cats came swirling around your legs, you chuckled before manoeuvring carefully around them to your bedroom. sally didn't want to sleep alone last night so you offered to let her sleep in your room, she gladly accepted, no doubt.

you didn't mind, it was a king sized bed so it could fit up to four or more people. the little girl wore an oversized hoodie, clearly a bit too big but she didn't mind, as soon as her head hit the mattress, she passed out like a light.

you chuckled, recalling the memory. you twisted your doorknob, opening the door to reveal a sleeping girl, hugging the blankets soundly.

"hey kid, wake up." you trudged your way to the closet side she was on, nudging her as gently as you could, "breakfast is ready."

she groaned in response, snuggling deeper into the blankets if it were possible. you tapped her side, another attempt to wake the young girl up, in return she just rolled over to the farthest side of the bed, away from you.