𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐬, 𝟑𝟎

YOU SHUT THE BLINDS that connected the view of the driver to the inside of the motorhomes, quickly ducking down as a knife headed for your head

"WOahH calm down! where the fuck did you even get my knife??!" jeff grabbed jane by the wrists, pulling her further away from you on the other side of the bus, "would you stop trying to kill her for five minutes?? fucking crazy woman." he grumbled, snatching the knife from the latter's grasp before jumping onto the couch.

you chuckled quite awkwardly, "anyhow, i can't risk using planes since tight security and all." you explained, shifting in your spot as you stared at the others individually.

clockwork seemed bored out of her mind, leaning on the walls as her half lidded eyes scanned the place, nina was just as bored but didn't look as intimidating as clocky while she flicked at her knife, watching it wobble. jane was glaring at you from the other side of the bus, and jeff... jeff was being the same old person he was, laid back and practically didn't give two shits.

it was hard distracting the bus driver from seeing their true forms, a lot of makeup and acting did good enough, you hoped he hadn't caught on anything suspicious.

"make yourselves feel at home, it's going to be a long ri—"

"you understand nothing of our home, you're better off quiet." jane snapped, earning a raised brow from you as you looked at her with an unamused expression.

you sighed, "look lady, i don't get why you're mad," you turned to jeff who seemed to be sleeping already, rolling your eyes at this, "but for pete's sake, we at least gotta cooperate.." the visibility of your shoulders slumping meant enough that you were tired of the shit she pulled, you can't have your back turned for two seconds.

jane squinted her eyes before looking elsewhere, a frown still noticeably on the corner of her lips. you could only sigh disappointedly, catching sight of clocky leaving with nina to the bedroom, leaving you, jane and jeff in the living room.

the silence was unbearable, only the sound of the motorhomes engine and other cars could be heard outside, but you'd honestly doubt there'd be a lot of cars on the highway since it was 1AM, which only left to motorhomes to make noises.

there were two couches, one on each side of the bus, you moved to sit on the empty one but jane did so as quickly as she could, not wanting to sit next to jeff. a huff left your lips, sounding like you were fed up with her but moved to the couch that had a sleeping jeff nonetheless.

it was a suffocating silence, even you, the snarky and annoying person you were, couldn't think of anything to say. fiddling with your fingers, a gruff sigh escaped your lips, you were annoyed with yourself, why were you acting like this?

is it because she was staring down at you from the other couch? or is it because your life was basically in open danger.

jane shifted in her spot, leaning as a leg went over the other, crossing her arms as well. y'know, that posture where your clearly judging other people in the room? yeah that one.