Chapter 19

Jimin's POV-

"We can't do this anymore."

Yoongi's eyebrows raise. "You're breaking up with me?"

He actually sounds offended.

I pull at a string on my sweater and nod. "Yeah. It's upsetting Jungkook."

Yoongi nods as if he isn't surprised. "Okay, and? This isn't about Jungkook."

I thought this was all about Jungkook. What is he getting at? "Yes, it is! I don't want him to hate me."

Yoongi rubs his forehead as if I am being extremely frustrating. "He's not going to hate you."

I open my mouth to argue, but Yoongi cuts me off.

"And he's not homophobic if that's what you're still thinking."

"How can you possibly know that? Why are you insisting on keeping this going when he's upset?!"

"Probably because he SAID it! And why are you trying to end this when it's just starting to work??"

I grip the hair at the back of my head in frustration. "How does Jungkook being unhappy relate to this 'working', Yoongi?!"

Yoongi just stares at me like it's so obvious and I'm being slow. We stand in silence, staring at each other. I'm trying to get what Yoongi wants me to understand and failing. The moment is interrupted when Taehyung walks into the room, looking back and forth between Yoongi and me. 

The tension in the air is clearly obvious, because Taehyung says, "Oh, are you two arguing?"

I push my hair out of my face, take a deep breath, and force a smile. "Sort of, but it's nothing big. Can we be alone? For just a few minutes?"

Tae nods, and backs out of the room without a question. I think of something and then call him back.

"Wait, Taehyung-ah. Can you make me hot chocolate?"

Standing in the rain crying with Jungkook was a bad idea. I'm still freezing even though I've already been in the shower and I have a sweater on. I feel a cold coming on, too.

I have to get this over with before Jungkook gets out of the shower. 

Taehyung nods, and with one last glance at Yoongi, closes the door behind him. 

"Are you uncomfortable with this? Did I do something wrong?" Yoongi has calmed down. Now, he seems to try to read my face.

"Well... no. I was happy with our pretend thing. It  was fun. But that was before I realized how— Jungkook—"

It was okay when it was about me. But maybe it wasn't just about me. I guess I never fully understood Yoongi's plan. I still don't. Nothing is adding up. But Jungkook is upset about it. There is nothing fun about hurting the person you love.

"So, it's only Jungkook. Jimin, try to think of yourself for once. Don't end this, okay? I promise it will pay off, but don't give up on this yet. Please."

"I don't understand why this is so important..."

"I know you don't, but you will. You want Jungkook, right? You still want him, don't you?"

I nod reluctantly, looking away. "You know I do... I don't see how upsetting him will get him, though."

"You will eventually, okay? Give it one more week, Jiminie. One more week."

I cross my arms. How will a week make a difference? "You need to explain to me why this is so important."

Yoongi sighs and sits down. "Okay, I thought you'd figure it out yourself but it is obvious you never will. Okay... how to explain this..."