Chapter 5

Jungkook's POV-

I don't lie to Namjoon. Ever.

So instead of answering I just continue to glare at the floor, tears of frustration building up.

Jimin hasn't come out of Hoseok's room all day. Taehyung and Hoseok ate lunch and dinner in the bedroom so that Jimin did not have to come out. I knew they were helping him avoid me.

Namjoon puts a hand on my shoulder and I shake my head. "He's just ignoring me. He won't look at me or talk to me. He hasn't even hugged me in a while, and that's all he used to do. He can't just—just stop. He can't just..replace me."

He can't. Especially when Taehyung looks at him like that. 

Yeah. I noticed. It's hard to miss.

"Just apologize to him Jungkook. He's probably just upset at you, and you know Jimin won't keep a grudge."

He has for six months. But I don't say anything.  Nothing I do or say works. He's just going to continue hating me. I wipe furiously at the tears that escape my eyes and flow miserably down my cheeks.

"I don't think—apologizing will work, hyung." I say, my stupid voice breaking a little.

"I don't see why not if you do it right. I don't know what's going on, but I'll talk to him, okay?" 

I nod numbly as he gets up to leave the room. He turns to look at me as he opens the door.

"Just consider what I suggested, okay? I know you aren't the type to show softer emotions; but I know Jimin. That's what you are going to have to do to earn his forgiveness. Apologize. And make sure you mean it. Get some sleep, kid. Love you."

"I love you, too, hyung." I say, and he steps out of the room, closing the door softly behind him.

Jimin's POV-

"I don't know if this was a good idea..." I say, staring at my hair in the mirror.

It's red. Very very red.

"Of course it was," Hobi says from his bed, where he'd been looking at his phone as I waited for my freshly dyed hair to dry

"Of course it was," Hobi says from his bed, where he'd been looking at his phone as I waited for my freshly dyed hair to dry. "You look good, Jimin. Now come to bed. It's getting late."

I do as he says, pulling back the comforter to climb in beside him. "If you ever get tired of me being in here, please ask me to leave. I don't wanna annoy you."

Besides, my room is fine. I'll be quite lonely at night, since I haven't slept without Hobi or Tae in months, but of course I can get over it. 

Hobi sighs and reaches over to lay his phone on the nightstand before reaching over and grabbing my wrist. He hauls me in close and wraps his arms around me.

"Jiminie bro, how many times do I have to tell you that I'm not going to get tired of you? Who else am I going to feed to the monster when he decides to come out?"

I lean back to look at him with wide eyes. "Come again?"

"I am convinced that there is a monster in my closet that keeps freaking eating my favorite shirts. There's only a few of them left, and he's going to have to come out sometime. When he does, he'll see that you are so cute and must be a lot tastier than me. My plan is that when he's eating you, I'm going to run like hell." he deadpans.

I just look at him. "Hobi...are you okay?"

He bursts into laughter and I do too.

"You really act like a dumbass sometimes, you know?"

"I know." He smiles and lies down. "But, seriously, my shirts keep disappearing. I have no clue where they might be and I've checked everywhere..."

"Have you asked Jin?" I ask, lying down next to him. Close enough to feel his body heat without touching him.

"Oh shit! He was hating on my shirts all last week! He's stolen them for himself!" 

I mentally facepalm. "No, no, no, hyung! That's not—"

"If he wanted me to buy him awesome shirts he could have just said it! He didn't have to pretend to hate them and be a thief!"

I pull the blanket over my head to try and muffle my laughter. Someone knocks on the door and I know I've failed.

"Come in," Hobi calls, looking over at me with a smile on his face. "Guess we're in trouble."

Namjoon steps into the room. "Jimin, can we talk?"

My laughter dies almost immediately. "Yeah, of course." 

There's a pause, and I wait for him to talk but he doesn't say anything. He just looks at me expectantly. "Oh, alone?" I ask.

He nods and I get out of bed, following him out the door and down the hallway to his room. "We didn't mean to be loud. Hobi was just being funny—" I start to explain in a hushed tone in the hallway, but he waves it off.

"Oh that's fine. That isn't what this is about." he unlocks the door to his room and steps to the side to let me in.

"It's not?" I ask.

"No. It's not. It's about Jungkook."

A/N: Don't even ask me what the hell Hobi's on, bc I honestly have no clue either..🤣 This chapter was me trying to update and work around writers block, so sorry. Thanks for reading:)