Chapter Five: Nervous

The next morning I got up and decided it was a hair down kind of day. I quickly showered and wrapped my towel around me before walking out to dry my hair. However I walked out to a shirtless Matty standing in just a pair of grey joggers looking at the photos on my vanity.

"You're making this a bit of a habit sir." I joked, pulling the towel a little tighter.

He turned around and paused for a moment taking in my attire, or rather the lack of.

"I was just coming in to tell you that we will be going to Miller Tech together, so whenever you're ready just let me know."

"Sure no problem." I turned to go into my closet to get dressed but Matty didn't walk away, "Was there something else Matty?"

"Yeah, can I use your shower? I was going to use Madison's but she's still asleep and I don't want to be a dick." He ran a hand along the back of his neck.

It was then that I noticed the toiletry bag in his hand, "Go ahead, towels are where they always are."

He nodded his head and went in. I quickly blow dried my hair and then went into the closet to change. I decided on a black high waisted skinny dress pant with a leopard print t-shirt tucked in and black ankle strap kitten heels. With a big sigh I walked back out to do my makeup so we could leave, but of course Matty walked out of the bathroom at the same time. This time it was my turn to admire him in the towel wrapped around his waist.

"Eyes are up here TayTay." Matty laughed.

"I wasn't even looking at you, I wanted to make sure you didn't use any of my good towels." I lied, "I just have to do my makeup and I'll be right out."

His smile dropped and he just nodded his head, "Sure." He walked to the door stopping just before he closed it and looked back over at me, "You look great by the way."

He shut the door before I could even say anything. I wasn't going to dwell on his comment, it wasn't the first compliment I've ever gotten from him anyway. After I finished getting ready I wasn't really sure what I was going to need for the talk with Chris. So I grabbed my purse and an extra resume I had laying around, even though it was officially outdated since I was fired. I rolled my eyes and shoved it in my bag.

I met Matty in the hallway and had to make an actual effort to not let my jaw hang. He was in a tan two piece suit with black loafers and a black shirt. He gave me a huge smile and handed me a cup of coffee before walking down to the garage so he could drive us to the office.

Looking at the outside of the Miller Tech building I would have had no idea where we were. The bottom of the building was grey and black bricks, but about half way up it turned into glass walls and black framing. The higher I looked I could start making out balconies and assumed those were executive offices.

There were no signs telling people what the building was, even once we walked through the large glass doors. There was a lounge area on either end of the lobby that had glass coffee tables and black leather couches. In the middle was a semicircle desk with three computers and a small tv screen on either end. With what I knew from my last job I knew the TVs were most likely camera views from the two elevator hallways.

Three blonde women sat at the desk all wearing a different style of white shirt and dark skirt. The one on the end closest to us looked up and smiled at Matty.

"Hello again Mr. Carbo." her smile grew and she batted her lashes at him. I couldn't help but roll my eyes. There was no denying that Matty was good looking, clearly I was attracted to him, but I always found it funny when women tried so hard for his attention.

"Good morning Heather." Matty nodded at her. I tried to hold in my chuckle when she realized she'd been dismissed.

I followed Matty to the elevator and watched him push the number twelve. I could feel Matty stare but I refused to look at him. He hadn't said a word to me since he walked out of my room this morning and I was too petty to be the first to break our silence.