Chapter Seventeen: Together

Taylor's Point of View

The car waiting for us in the alley looked just like the one Enzo drove me to work in; large, dark, and boxy. Declan climbed into the passenger seat talking to someone on the phone. Matt kissed my forehead and walked around to the drivers side. Chris still had my hand in his as he held the door open for me. I slid into the backseat and was instantly happy the jacket protected me from the cold leather.

"Were you guys on fire on your way to the club? It's freezing in here."

"Sorry sweetheart, I'll turn the heat on for you." Matt turned to smile at me.

I tensed just as Chris wrapped his arm around me, "Are you okay bellissima (gorgeous)?"

I snuggled into him, "It's nothing, I'm fine."

"Truth." they all hummed in unison.

It was something they always did to me back in the day whenever they thought I was lying.

I sighed, the rule was always if someone called truth you couldn't lie, "Ronan called me sweetheart and my dad used to say that to me." I glanced around quickly. Chris' fist was clenched tight, same with Matty and Dec's jaws.

"I hate that you let him touch you." Chris mumbled and I pulled away from him.

"Let him? I didn't let him do anything. I'm pretty sure it was me who smacked him, twice actually."

"No. Shit. Fuck," he ran his hand through his hair, "That's not what I meant."

"You better explain really fast or you can switch seats with Declan."

"I hated seeing him hold your hand and keep a hand at your waist while you were at the bar. And you danced with him. I wanted nothing more than to be him."

"I'm going to ignore that you just admitted to watching me throughout the club since it ended up working out in my favor." I moved back next to him, actually missing the connection. I looked back up at the other two who were wrapped up now into a conversation of their own. I tipped my head up to press a kiss to his jaw, "Were you jealous Chris Cross?" I whispered.

He sucked in a breath, "Have you seen what you look like? Of course I was jealous. I had to sit in that office and watch you grind that beautiful ass of yours on that undeserving waste of space."

I placed my hand on his thigh, rubbing it up and down, careful not to touch his growing bulge, "Were you hard watching me shake my ass in a crowd full of strangers?"

He reached his hand into my hair, pulling me closer until our lips were almost touching, "Unbelievably hard, mia amata (my beloved)."

I palmed his erection through his jeans and his head fell back slightly.

"We won't make it home if I have to watch the two of you star in our own personal porno." Matt bantered, looking back at us in the rearview mirror.

I smirked at Chris before turning my attention to Matty, "Well, then I suggest you enjoy the show." I unbuckled my seatbelt, but before I even got a chance to remove it Chris' hand covered mine.

Chris sighed, "No Tot, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it. I'd be too worried about you getting hurt if something were to happen to Matt's driving."

"Hey," Matty chuckled, "There's nothing wrong with my driving."

"Yeah, you're a great driver." Dec grinned, "Until Teeny's half naked."

I slummed back into my seat. I knew they were all just looking out for my safety but rejection hurt nonetheless.