Chapter Ten: Love

Declan's Point Of View

When Christopher Miller called me early Monday morning I truly thought I was hallucinating. I hadn't heard from him in years and was genuinely surprised to know he had my phone number. With the way he left us all in the dust at Cypress I kind of didn't care what he had to say. The only reason I answered was because I knew he was working with Matt and I didn't have the option of ignoring him. Then he said the one thing that would always make me jump before asking how high.

"What the fuck do you want?" I answered, annoyed to have been woken up.

"Don't hang up asshole," his voice was rough like he had also just woken up, "I need to talk to you about Tot."

I sat up in bed and looked at the blonde sleeping in the bed next to me. She was annoying at the club last night but she did end up being a good fuck. She may be asleep but I would not talk about the girl I loved while I'm laying in bed next to someone who's name I didn't even remember.

"Hang on, dickhead." I told Chris before setting my phone on the bedside table.

I gathered the woman's clothes before shaking her shoulder to wake her up. She blinked her eyes open before greeting me with a smile.

"Don't be too happy to see me. You need to leave." I stepped back and crossed my arms over my bare chest.

She looked me up and down, stopping at my boxers with a grin, "Are you sure you want me to leave?" She attempted a seductive voice but it fell flat.

"Look chick, my wife will be here in the next ten minutes and she's already been put away for beating the shit out of the last girl she found in my bed so I suggest you take your clothes and leave." I lied to her while pointing at her clothes.

She quickly gathered her things and left my room. I picked up my phone with a sigh, "What's wrong with Teeny?"

"That's right, I forgot she's your Teeny Tiny Taylor." Chris laughed.

I sucked in a breath, "Tell me what's wrong with her or I'm calling Matt. This isn't funny asshole, you haven't talked to me in like six years and you want to talk about nicknames? Didn't she call you Chris Cross after y'all took a stupid ass yoga class together?"

"She still does actually."

I felt my anger start to bubble and I'd worked so hard to keep it put away. My anger was what sent Teeny away from me in the first place and I promised I wouldn't let it come back.

"What the hell do you mean she does? You've spoken to her? Where is she?"

He laughed again, "Dude chill the fuck out, she works for me and I called because she brought you up last night while we were, um, talking."

"You can stop dragging this shit out," my knuckles were turning white as I clenched them at my side, "What did Teeny say?"

"She loves you, but I have a feeling you already know that. However, I think what you don't know is that she misses you. How come you never told us you guys slept together?"

My heart dropped into my stomach, she missed me and here I was hiding from her love like she told me to. I cleared my throat and focused back on Chris, "She told me not to tell anyone, that would include you, I'm surprised she even told you. Why the fuck are you telling me this?"

I could hear him take a drink of something before answering me, "Matt and I have a plan, it's already been set in motion, we want you involved. Before you even fucking ask, yes, there's a catch. If you want to know the plan you have to come to us in person. If not, don't even think about reaching out to Tot because while you're still sitting wherever the hell you are, she is unavailable to you. I will make sure of that."