Chapter Forty-Six: Meeting

Declan's Point of View

Finally getting to be with Taylor was well worth the wait. It was a lot longer than I would have liked but I only had myself to blame. I made my injury look worse than it was because in my head I was afraid to get close to her again.

I didn't want to go out on a job and get hurt again, or worse killed, and then have to put her through that. Part of me wanted her to slowly start hating me so that if it did happen she wouldn't be as upset, but I couldn't do it. I had to watch her go through nightmares that made her violently ill. They were so bad at one point that Matty caught her up at almost three in the morning chugging coffee to try and stay awake.

I watched her struggle to leave for work every morning and leave me in the hands of the nurses. Once I was able to move my shoulder enough to fend for myself I would send them away the second everyone left for work. I didn't want to be taken care of by strangers, but I couldn't let my family get too attached.

Then when I woke up to Taylor throwing up in my bathroom I knew that I was wasting time trying to get her to hate me because it was never going to happen. We loved each other too much to actually hate each other and so I brought her to my bed. It felt so good to just hold her and breathe her in. This morning though I couldn't hold back anymore and had to be inside her.

Seeing her on her knees was one thing but allowing her to use us to fulfill another one of her fantasies was another. If I had to really think about it there weren't many if any, things I fantasized about Taylor doing, but I was always pleasantly surprised by what she had in mind for us.

After breakfast, we had to meet with Louis and I had a good feeling he had finally come up with a plan for dealing with Ronan's threats. We should have been the ones figuring it all out but after the first kidnapping Louis put us on straight Taylor protection. Then I got hurt and we were summoned to lay low and stay safe. There was no arguing with Louis once he gave us an order so we just went about our normal lives.

On the drive to the Carbo family home Taylor asked a million questions about what to expect. Matt never ended up telling her what he found out from Ronan, even though we told him repeatedly that he needed to.

It wasn't a terribly long drive but when Matt refused to answer any of the questions it felt a lot longer than it was. It was just far enough from the city that they had their own space but not far enough out to be out of the loop on everything. Matt pulled through an iron rod gate and parked in the gravel semi-circle in front of the house. It didn't matter how many times I had been to this house I was always impressed by the large white brick colonial.

Taylor ran up to the front door and didn't even bother waiting to be greeted. I knew she was on the hunt for Madison who was finally back from a Europe trip her dad had sent her on. Watching her dress bounce around her ass put a smile on my face and a chuckle in my chest as I climbed the stairs and walked straight for Louis' office.

"Mr. Lynch." he greeted me with a genuine smile and a kiss on my temple, "I'm happy to see you ready to get back to work."

I knew that really meant getting back to helping Frankie with interrogations at Ivylands but I couldn't bear to tell him I wasn't ready for all that. For some reason, my getting shot fucked with my head and the thought of picking up a weapon made me dizzy.

"Good to be back, sir." I responded. I didn't need him to know the problems I was having, especially when I hadn't even told the people I lived with.

We all sat down in our usual seats around the conference table and just as we got situated the door opened again behind me. I for sure thought it was Charlie and Frankie but instead, I was greeted by a wave of laughter.