Chapter Fourteen: Process

Taylor's Point of View

Since I was at work the logical thing for me to do was leave the guys and actually do some work. I left the three of them in Chris' office and went back to mine. I turned on my computer to type up notes from a meeting Chris had but my brain had other intentions.

I laid my head on the desk trying to figure out what the hell had just happened. Was I now dating three guys? My guys? How is that even possible? How was I about to get everything I had always wanted?

Granted I was excited we were all back together for the first time in years but this was also the first time I had to actually worry about someone keeping my secret. I loved Chris and Matty more than anything but the thought of them knowing about Greg scared the shit out of me. 

Chris could be so hot headed at times there was almost no time to get him all the details before he reacted. Matty had always been so protective of me, even as kids, that there wasn't a person he was afraid to go toe to toe with over me.

I couldn't wait to get home and talk to Madison about this. I debated asking Chris if I could leave early but I knew Madison was doing her initial presentation today so there was no way I would ask her to duck out early. Just as I was trying to decide how inappropriate it was to ask Chris if I could nap on his couch for an hour since I knew he didn't have any meetings any time soon, there was a knock at my door. With a sigh, I lifted my head to see Dec leaning through the door.

"Can I come in?" His flirtatious smile stretched across his face and it actually warmed my heart. It'd been so long since I had seen it.

I raised my eyebrow, "You kind of already are, don't cha think?"

He winked before walking in and looking around at everything, "You got quite the set up in here Teeny."

"I would say thank you but I never know if it's sarcasm with you." I laughed a little. Banter was always our thing, but I felt a little disconnected from him right now.

"This time it's genuine." He confirmed before sitting across from me, "I'm sure it comes as no surprise but I have something to ask you. I'd prefer if you didn't lie but if you feel the need to not tell me the truth then I would at least like an explanation."

I nodded. I had a good feeling about what he could possibly ask me. There were honestly only so many things he could be actually wondering about and I just hoped that none of them would lead us back to Greg.

"God I miss watching the wheels turn in your pretty little head." he chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest, "Packed full of intelligence now too."

He shook his head and stopped laughing, "That's always been there Teeny, except when it comes to yourself. Which brings me to my question, why aren't we telling the meat heads about your secret?"

I let out a long sigh, pressed my hands into the tops of my thighs and challenged him, "And what secret would that be?"

He tilted his head, clearly assessing whether I was actually going to play stupid or not. "Taylor, this isn't funny. I have not gotten the image out of my head all these years. The only thing that has kept me from pressing you for more information is the fact that you told me they haven't continued."

"Oh for fucks sake Declan. If you want to know just fucking ask. I am so tired of having to pretend these conversations are like business meetings. Why do I always end up having these with the three of you? We used to be so carefree with each other. You were the only one that left me because I told you too, you'd think it would be the easiest for us to get back to where we were. You at least loved me before leaving me."