Chapter Thirty-Eight: Torture

Taylor's Point of View

A cattle prod.

A butcher's knife.

A meat tenderizing hammer.

A whip with multiple ends.

Duct Tape.

A regular hammer.

A blindfold.

They were just some of the things I recognized on the countertop. There were more next to the stove and Matty said there were more on the counter in the closet. I continued walking into the room with Declan close behind me.

Greg was tied to a chair just like Matty said he would be. His head was slumped forward and for a second I thought he might be dead, but the steady rise and fall of his chest told me that he was just sleeping.

Sleeping!

How could anyone sleep when they knew what their fate was?

I walked over to him, my heels clicking against the wood floor with more determination than before. Declan made a noise that sounded like he was going to say something but changed his mind.

"Wake up." I demanded of my father but I got no response, "Wake up!" I yelled at him again. Still nothing. Rather than say anything again I smacked him across his face as hard as I could.

His head snapped up to me and I put on my emotionless mask to show him that my palm wasn't in fact burning from the contact. However, I also had to try and hide the smile I got from hitting him back for once.

"What the fuck was that for?" He growled before realizing it was me, "What the hell are you doing here, little girl?" He looked behind me at Declan and smiled, "Awe did you realize your boyfriend wasn't as innocent as you thought?"

"Boyfriends." I corrected him and stepped back.

"Excuse me?"

"My boyfriends all turned out to be a lot more badass than I originally thought they were. That's okay though because so am I."

I walked back to the kitchen area where Matty and Chris were having a hushed conversation closer to the front door. I turned back to ask Declan a question but he was talking to the guard that was assigned to watch over Greg last night. I looked back over at Greg who was still wearing the dirty jeans and white t-shirt from yesterday as well as the old flannel shirt that was completely unbuttoned. His nose splint and eye patch were now gone and his stitches were split open. I assumed it was from when he got punched in the face and had to remind myself not to feel bad because he only had himself to blame.

I looked back down to the island and grabbed the one tool I tried so hard not to look at for too long. Walking over to Greg I was full of anger, my heart was racing and I couldn't fill my lungs the way I wanted to. He opened his mouth like he was going to say something but before he could say anything I slashed the scalpel across his chest. The noise he made could only be described as somewhere between a groan and a scream.

All three of my guys were at my side as I pulled back from my second slice. Declan grabbed my wrist and pulled the blade from my hand while Matty wrapped me into his chest and walked me back into the kitchen.

"What are you doing angel?" Matty asked me.

"Why did you make me stop?" I huffed. It felt so liberating to put a blade to Greg's skin. I wanted to keep going. I wanted to give a thousand more cuts and end it with one across his throat.

"Because that wasn't the deal, baby girl." Declan answered.

Chris brushed his hand across my shoulder, "You said Declan would do the torture. You compromised."