Chapter Thirty-Three: Mafia

Taylor's Point of View

A torture house! I laughed. I literally laughed out loud, some may even have called it a cackle. There is no way he could have been serious. There is no way the three of them even know what a torture house is let alone have a need for one.

Who would they even torture? Clients? Who would they even know that would need to be tortured?

It took me a minute to realize that he was being serious and then I laughed again. I laughed because clearly, I didn't know them like I thought I did. I don't even know why I thought they would be the same people. I had gone seven years without seeing Chris and five without seeing Dec, but how have I seen Matty so often yet knew nothing? Maybe I was stupid for jumping into a relationship with them so fast, but that's love. Right?

I laughed again because if he wanted to put Greg into a torture house then he should have just left him where he was.

"What is so funny Taylor?" grumbled Matty.

I took a deep breath and walked back to the couch shaking my head, "You took him from one torture house to another."

"We took him from his home."

"Exactly."

It took him a minute to think about it as he walked over to join me. He inhaled sharply as he sat down, "Jesus Christ TayTay. Your house wasn't a torture house."

"Wasn't it? It felt like a torture house."

"I can promise you that it wasn't. At least not the kind of torture that he will experience where he is at." He was quiet for a second, "Do you have questions?"

I held up one finger to him, "Puoi rientrare. (You can come back in.)" I called to the guys in the hallway. I knew they were in the hallway because I could hear Declan choke back a chuckle when I joked about taking him from one house to another.

The two of them sulked in and sat on the couch with us and we were all quiet for a minute before I got up. I grabbed Matty's glass and walked over to the bar cart. I refilled Matty's glass and poured two more for the other two. Then I went back and poured myself a glass of wine. I didn't sit down right away, instead, I kept the coffee table between us.

I licked my lips before starting, "Why do you have a torture house?"

"To torture people." Matty said matter-of-factly.

Declan pressed his lips together to hold in a laugh and Matty shot him a glare causing Dec to cough out the sound.

I rephrased the question, "Okay, but why do you have it?"

"It's not just mine, it belongs to The Family."

"Who do you torture in it?"

"Bad people."

"Like who?"

"Rapist." Chris said proudly. I could be okay with that.

"Perverts." Declan added. It seemed like a stretch but even that I could accept.

"Gangsters." My head snapped to Matty's cold hard response.

"Gangsters? Like The Sopranos or Tony Montana? Seriously?

Matty chuckled, "Some even worse than them."

I stepped past Matty to sit back on the couch. My head was spinning with thoughts. How did they know who needed to be tortured? Were they sent people or a list of names? When did they even have time to do any of this? My guys were nice, kind, caring men. How did they know how to hurt people?