Prologue.

"Why did you do it, Aliya?" Hamza yells at her. He was more than angry at her, but she didn't know what she had done to deserve his anger.

"I...I didn't do anything. I don't even know how..."

Aliya couldn't even finish what she was trying to tell Hamza: that whatever he is accusing her of isn't true, but who will be on her side?

"Yes, you do because you are the one who killed her, and now I won't let you go until you pay for what you have done to her; either you work for me or go to jail," Hamza yells at Aliya, who knew that he would do anything for her even if she was at fault.

But no one knew the real truth apart from her family and herself. Unfortunately, she is dead, and Hamza thinks it's Aliya's fault.

"For how long?" Aliya asks him, trying to keep her tears inside her.

"As long as I want to make you suffer or until I am satisfied with my revenge," he explains to her.

Aliya had to agree with him so that he could get whatever he wanted from her if that would make up for whatever he was feeling.

"Okay, and when do I start?" she asks him without looking at his face.

"Right now, you will be my personal assistant, and I will need you day and night, no matter what time it is, and remember, I own you now," Hamza tells her with hatred in his voice.

Aliya didn't deserve the hatred she received, but he doesn't know that.

All of this is because of you. All my life, I have had to pay for your mistakes, ever since my mother died because of your mother. You did whatever you wanted, and I became your and your mother's scapegoat. Until when will I be the one suffering from the decisions you made in your life?

After agreeing to work for him even though Aliya knew that this wasn't what he needed from her, Hamza wanted her to suffer for what happened to her stepsister, Alina.

Alina has always been perfect in her stepmother's and father's eyes. She would never harm anyone, so blaming Aliya for something that she did was a piece of cake.

In the coming days, Hamza will give her the worst tasks that any assistant would be given by their boss. But fortunately for her, she knew how to do them in less time than he wanted them done.

Hamza grew angrier at her because he saw her every time. He remembers Alina fighting for her life in the hospital before she died.

"Aliya, do this again, and this time do it correctly; I don't want any type of mistake!" Hamza yelled at her.

Aliya didn't even correct him when he told her to do the papers correctly, as they had already been corrected twice by her.

"Okay, sir, I will get right to it," she says, taking the file and then walking out of the office, leaving Hamza dumbfounded because he thought that she would talk back to him.

Hamza took out a picture of Alina from his drawer and caressed it.

"I will do anything to punish her for what she did to you. I need you, Habibty, more than ever," he says to the photograph.

I wish I could have done more to help you, but Allah knows why you were in the car with her. And I want her to be punished by me. I would send her to jail, but why would I do that when it wouldn't bring you back?