Chapter Eleven.

Aliya remembers Her mother, Farha.

The memories that we have inside our minds will always stay in our hearts.

It has been almost eighteen years since Farha's death, and it is now Aliya's eighteenth birthday. After finding out what happened to her mother, Aliya didn't want to celebrate her birthday because it reminded her that Farha died giving birth to her.

Even though she doesn't know the entire story, Aliya just doesn't want to be happy knowing how her mother died.

A few days before her birthday, Rukiya asked to see her just to start tormenting Aliya with her words.

Flashback.

Aliya was folding her laundry when a maid asked her to go and see Rukiya, who was in the living room. She left the clothes and walked into the room where Rukiya was.

Aliya stood there, waiting for Rukiya to give instructions for what needed to be done.

"Oh, you are here. Is it your birthday in a few days and also the death anniversary of your mother?"

Aliya was beyond shocked to hear what Rukiya just told her.

Her birthday is the same day that her mother died. No one even told her about it. All Aliya knew was that her mother died when she was a few months old.

Not even her nanny, Lea, told her the truth.

"You didn't know, did you? I guess no one told you. Not even your beloved Nanny Lea, whom you love so much," Rukiya says, taunting her.

This is how she knew to break Aliya with the words that came out of her mouth.

Tears started to form in her eyes. Aliya started blinking, knowing that if she didn't, they would fall, Rukiya would see her as weak, and she would think that her words won.

"Anything else?" Aliya asks, keeping her voice as calm as possible and not letting Rukiya hear it break.

"No, you can go. I just got what I needed. Thank you," Rukiya tells her, waving her hand and dismissing her.

As soon as Aliya walked back to her room, tears fell down her face. She closed her door and fell down on her bed, trying to keep it together.

End Of Flashback.

Aliya felt the same sadness that she had felt when Rukiya told her about her mother. She knew that Nanny Lea might have a reason as to why she didn't tell her.

But why would it be the most important reason that Nanny didn't tell me that Mamma died the day I was born?

"Aliya, are you ready?" her Nanny Lea asked her. When she saw how distraught Aliya was and knew that this could be the work of Rukiya and no one else,

Nanny Lea walked toward Aliya and put her hand on her shoulder.

"I didn't see you there, Nanny. What were you saying?", Aliya asks her while trying to wipe the tears from her face. But she didn't realize that Nanny Lea saw her doing it.

"You don't need to do that in front of me, Habibty. Tell me, what's the matter? Did something happen?"

"I have a question, Nanny, and I need you to answer me with honesty," Aliya tells her. Nanny Lea nods, making Aliya continue. "Did mamma die while giving birth to me?".

Nanny Lea was shocked to hear the question from Aliya but knew that she needed to know the truth.

"I will tell you the truth, but I will need you to stay calm and don't get angry at me," Nanny said, explaining how her mother was.

"Farha was excited when she found out that she was pregnant with you. You became her entire world, and no other happiness mattered more than bringing you into this world," Nanny tells her while tears form in her eyes. "Her eyes shined whenever she would write in her diaries while she was pregnant with you. The day that you were born was one of the saddest and happiest days for both me and her. Your mother asked me never to tell you about it because of the sorrow that it will cost you".

After what Aliya heard from her Nanny Lea, she knew that Rukiya tried to get her not to celebrate what her mother always wanted.

Her happiness.

"Thank you for telling me the truth, Nanny. But I think instead of celebrating my birthday, I would love to do something different. I'm giving food, clothes, and toys to the orphanage that I found on my way to school," Aliya says, surprising her Nanny.

You are just like Farha. Always caring about others more than herself.

"Okay, as you wish. Now, we need to tell Uncle Aryan about it, and we will plan everything, okay?" her Nanny tells her.

"Yes, that will be a good idea. But we also need to ask what they will need before buying the things that they will need", Aliya says.

"That's true, and I think you, Muskaan, and Zayn should do that".

"I should call them and explain everything; maybe even Ayla would want to join us," Aliya tells her. She had already explained who Ayla was to Nanny Lea and had introduced them to each other.

"Okay, I will leave you to make the call. I have to go and make dinner for us. Tomorrow will be a beautiful day, In shaa Allah", Nanny Lea tells Aliya, smiling.

"Yes, I know that. But before you go, could I have Mamma's diaries so that I can get to know her better in them?" She asked Nanny.

"I already knew that you would ask from then on; that's why I had kept them in a box inside your closet. You can look at them whenever you want," Nanny tells her, giving Aliya a hug.

Aliya thanked her.

After Nanny Lea leaves the room, Aliya quickly gets up from the bed and runs towards her closet to check the box.

She caressed every diary that was inside the box with a smile on her face.

I wish that you were here with me. But the circumstances didn't let us meet, Mamma. But why do I feel like Nanny is hiding something from me about you?

Aliya began reading the first diary of her mother and started to understand her more than she ever could.

She realized that she had more in common with her mother than with her father, who barely acknowledged her whenever he was home.

He still doesn't consider her to be his daughter. His blood until he gets a DNA test done.

He didn't even let her have his surname on her birth certificate. This made Aryan angry, but he calmed down when Nanny told him what Aliya's name was.

Allah knows best what is happening, and I don't think I will ever understand because my father would never love me as he does Alina, and I have come to terms with that.

No lie or even the truth will stay hidden forever. There will always be someone who will reveal everything when the time is right.