Chapter Three.

Two Months Later

Aliya's birth and her mother's death

Rukiya didn't stop taunting and hurting Farha every chance she got. She would make her do chores like mopping the floor even if another maid was doing them.

I will make your life and the life of that baby miserable. And that's a promise to you.

Farha did whatever Rukiya wanted because even if she tried to speak against her, she would get in trouble instead of Rukiya.

She believed that one day all of this would end and happiness would come back to her. But she was wrong, and she was about to find out why.

It was a normal day. Farha was told by Rukiya to go upstairs because she wanted to talk to her. But her Nanny tried to talk her out of going because she had been forbidden to go inside the house ever since Rukiya had arrived.

"Nanny, you know that if I don't, she will make trouble for me through Zayd. And I don't want that anymore. I will be fine, in shaa Allah," Farha tries to assure her nanny, who had a feeling that something bad was about to happen.

She watched as Farha walked up the stairs to go and see Rukiya. Nanny Lea wanted to make sure that Farha was safe before she went back to work.

Meanwhile, Rukiya was patiently waiting for Farha so that she could execute her plan.

This has to work. And then Zayd will throw her out of the house. And everything will be done just as I had planned.

"You are here; I have a proposal for you. Leave this house with that thing inside you and never come back", Rukiya tells her. "Here, take this and leave before my husband comes back," she added, handing her a thick envelope that was filled with money.

"Are you scared of me? Why? I have not been the mistress of this house since the day you came. And I would leave this house; it is Zayd's choice and not yours. Besides, I think we both know who is after his money, right?" Farha tells her. "Tell your husband to let me go, and then I will leave," she added, walking out of the room.

Rukiya quickly got up and walked out with her. She grabbed her hand and pushed her down the stairs.

Farha tried to hold on, but she couldn't as Rukiya pushed her again, this time making her fall down on her stomach.

"Ya Allah, please don't let anything happen to my baby," Farha said, praying and crying.

As soon as Nanny saw everything, she quickly rushed to Farha's side and called one of the drivers to take her to the hospital as she was bleeding.

Nanny Lea looked at the top of the stairs to see Rukiya smirking, thinking that she had won.

"Nanny, I don't want to lose my baby. If anything happens, please save her and always protect her from anyone. Promise me, Nanny," Farha asks her Nanny while they are in the car on their way to the hospital.

"You will be here with her, my dear. I do promise to always protect her as my granddaughter," Nanny says to her, and then she turns to face the driver to ask him to hurry up as Farha was beginning to lose consciousness.

As soon as they reached the hospital, Farha was wheeled to the operating room while Nanny called Aryan.

She told him everything that she had witnessed and about what had been happening for the past few months.

"Why didn't she want to let me help her, Nanny? She could have come to me."

"You know how stubborn she is. She would rather do things herself than ask for anyone's help. And now that Rukiya has done what she wanted, I don't know what will happen to my girl".