Chapter One.

Nothing is what it seems.

Everyone thinks that when you smile, you are happy, but what they don't know is that smiling doesn't always mean being happy. It means you are content with what you have now. And you should always be thankful.

"Why did you do this, Zayd? You could have just told us instead of going behind my back and doing what you did..."

"This is exactly why I didn't tell you. I knew you would have said no to my request..."

"Yes, because you married someone who has always had enmity with me. And you know that more than anyone else, yet you did it. Why? Just answer me that one question," Farha asks her husband.

"Because she is pregnant with my child, and I couldn't leave her just like that, especially in this type of society..."

Zayd couldn't even finish what he was saying when Farha slapped him.

"How could you? Was I enough for you? ....."

"I wanted a child, and you weren't giving me any, so I had to think of the future of my parents and what they worked for. They wanted a grandchild from us, and it has been almost 8 years since we got married, and you still haven't conceived. What did you want me to tell my parents every time I see them...?"

"Now I understand everything. The late nights at work, the work trips—it was all because you were with her. I have one more thing to ask: did you sleep with her before you got married? I need to know before deciding for myself and my baby. The decision won't include you," Farha tells him.

This surprises Zayd, as he didn't know that Farha was pregnant.

Three months pregnant.

"You...are pregnant. And what type of decision will you make?"

"Yes, I am. Just answer my question. Did you sleep with her before you married her or not?" Farha repeated the question to Zayd.

"Yes, I did," he answered, feeling unashamed of himself.

"Thank you for being honest with me. Now, leave and go with her. My lawyers will contact you with the divorce papers, and if you try and fight this, I won't hesitate to air everything that you did to the public, and we will see how people will react to the great businessman Zayd Salim's secrets..."

"What about the baby?" he asks her.

"And you dare to ask about MY baby? Don't worry; he or she won't need you. When he or she is finally grown up, they will know who you are and what you did, and it will be their choice if they want to get to know you or not. And you won't be able to do anything. Now go to your other woman and make sure that the baby she is carrying is truly yours", Farha tells him, trying to be strong for what's going to happen next.

Alhamdullilah, for her parents' leaving a business that she has been secretly taking care of. A chain of hotels that no one knew who its owner was.

Not even her husband.

This is what her parents wanted from her before they died.

"I am not leaving, and I will be bringing my wife here whether you like it or not. This is my house. I bought it for my family," Zayd yells at her, trying to intimidate Farha.

"Okay, then I will leave..."

"No one is leaving this house. You three will be staying here, and that's my final warning." They were interrupted by Zayd's parents, who walked in with Rukiya, who had a smirk on her face as if she were telling her that she had finally won.