Chapter Thirteen

Alina Bullies Aliya more.

A bully can either be part of your family or even someone you knew before they turned against you.

It has been a few weeks since Matthew started hanging out with Aliya and her friends, and this made Alina angry.

She wanted him not to be friends with him, even if they were all classmates. Alina's hatred for her sister was fueled by her mother.

Rukiya hated Farha for conspiring against them.

"Are you seriously going to let Aliya take him away from you?" One of Alina's friends tells her, making her angrier than before.

"No, he can be friends with everyone except her..."

Alina couldn't finish what she was saying when Ayla heard everything.

"Are you seriously thinking of taking Matthew while having my brother on the side? I never thought that someone like you could do this, especially to your sister..."

"You know nothing about me. She isn't..."

"What? Your sister?" Ayla asks her. "You are right; you don't deserve her as your sister. She deserves someone who is just like her. Kind, loving, and most importantly, Aliya's heart," she added before walking away.

"Are you going to listen to her?"

"No, you know I don't listen to anyone. And I will get him back no matter what".

Alina looked at Aliya, laughing at what Matthew was telling them. In the coming days, Alina started planning to take Matthew away from Aliya. Even if she herself told him that she wouldn't talk to him.

But each time Alina tries something, it backfires on her, especially when Ayla knows what is happening.

Ayla warned her, but did she ever listen?

No, because Alina has been trying every tactic to get Matthew and Hamza to come with her. As if she wasn't satisfied with ruining Aliya's life with the rumors she had started about her.

Meanwhile, the teacher decided to pair up Matthew, Muskaan, Zayn, and Aliya for the huge project that is supposed to be done by everyone in the entire school.

The project is about family.

Matthew has even started going to visit the mosque that Zayn goes to every day, and this didn't go unnoticed by Alina and Hamza, who still think that Aliya has always been guilty. And now she is after Matthew, even though they are just friends and nothing more.

After talking to her uncle Aryan, Aliya decided to fake every single emotion while she was at home and in front of Rukiya, her so-called father, and also Alina.

But never to her Nanny Lea, who raised, cared for, and loved her as if she were her daughter. Aliya knew that she couldn't lie to her, knowing that her Nanny Lea has been the only mother she has ever known.

The day arrived when Nanny Lea would talk to Aliya about giving up on doing the project just to let Alina win.

The win is meant for Rukiya to treat her daughter with kindness, even if it is just for one day.

As she approached the room that Aliya was in, she heard Alina abusing Aliya. Nanny Lea didn't want to barge into the room until she knew what Alina was saying to Aliya.

"I want you to stop talking to Matthew. He will never go for someone like you," Alina yells at Aliya, who just looked at her with a confused look on her face.

"Alina, I think you should go and see the doctor, because Matthew can decide on his own who he wants to hang out with. Plus, don't you have Hamza? " Aliya asks her.

This made Alina so angry that she raised her hand to slap Aliya, but that's when Nanny Lea walked in, shocking her.

"Here, I was trying to pursue Aliya, to drop out of the school project, and to give you a winning chance, but now I realize that I was wrong in doing that. You don't deserve Aliya letting you win," Nanny Lea tells her angrily.

Alina was shocked to hear what Nanny Lea said. She couldn't believe that she had missed her chance to win the project just because of the jealousy she was feeling toward Aliya for Matthew.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. Aliya, come and let's have dinner because you need to go to Zayn's house to discuss the project." Nanny Lea ushered Aliya out of the room, leaving Alina baffled and shocked as to what just happened.

She couldn't believe what Nanny Lea told her and how angry she was at herself.

I needed that win because I would have gotten Mamma's love, but I blew it. My jealousy took away my chance of having love, even if it was just for a day.

Alina walked out of the room and ran to her room, feeling regret that she might not win the project. And it will be all her fault if she loses, especially in her mother's eyes.

The final result would be announced at the graduation, which will be in six to seven months.

Aliya was shocked that she couldn't speak to her Nanny Lea about what just happened in the room. She couldn't believe that Nanny Lea would ask her to withdraw from the project, even though they had been planning it since the first day it was announced.

"Nanny, why did you want me to do that?"

"Because I thought that it would change Alina's heart, but I was wrong. Sometimes you change someone just by giving up on your dreams. I now know that, and I don't want you to give up on the project that you and your friends have worked hard for just for someone who will bully you at the end of the day," Nanny explained to Aliya.

"I would have given up on the project if she were a good sister and person, but I can't do that, especially to my friends or group. We need it, Nanny," Aliya explained to her, making Nanny understand what she was telling her.

In the coming days, Alina grew stressed by the fact that she might score less on the project, and this bothered her. The only way is to sabotage Aliya's project, but the main question is how she will do that when she doesn't even know where they keep it.